[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide a sin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: meme man.jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
meme man.jpg
155 KB, 1200x1200
Is suicide a sin?
>>
it's taking a human life, so yeah.
>>
it is haram
>>
>>1251824
>>1251824
kys
>>
>>1251827
I can't it's haram
>>
File: Absolutely Halal.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Halal.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>1251848
Best post.
>>
>>1251814
Depends on the religion
>>
>>1251814
You might be asking the wrong question of a Lutheran. In Lutheran philosophy, we are all sinners with an inherent sinful nature. Such beings can do nothing but propagate sinful acts, words, and even thoughts. The point becomes not identifying sin, or pointing to sin, but realizing we all sin, all the time, no matter what, and thus with such awareness of our basic nature, being obedient to God in confession, asking forgiveness for "all things done and all things left undone". You're not supposed to feel terrible about yourself, but enjoy your life, being subordinate to God and knowing his grace is powerful enough to forgive even the worst sins.

I know the argument that this seems to give a free license to sin, as if we can do as we like and there is no consequence, but you must also consider God knows what's in our hearts. He knows if we're only mindfully doing mean or otherwise bad things with the foreknowledge of forgiveness. Within our own minds we should endeavor to do what we think and feel is right, and in the midst we will inevitably mess up along the way. So no, you can't just "do as you will" and expect God to forgive because then, when you confess, you're not being honest with yourself, you're not being honest with God.
>>
>>1251814
only one way to find out ;^)
>>
File: 1458490263221.png (311 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1458490263221.png
311 KB, 720x720
>>1251848
kek
>>
>>1251814
It's murder, so yes.

What's your real question?
>>
>>1252313
Amen.
>>
>>1251814
The way it was told to me was that suicide was the ultimate sin. It's taking the most precious gift that god could give you, and throwing it back in his face.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.