[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"You are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tbwb.jpg (27 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
tbwb.jpg
27 KB, 500x286
>"You are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise."
- YHWH
>>
>>1251400

No surprise that the Jew Saul-Paul (the actual founder of Christianity) didn't want the goyim to think like that and instead preached that masochist, self-destructive and cucked "Love thy enemies and turn the other cheek" BS to them.
>>
Old covenant was carnal, new covenant is spiritual. Hence cleanliness is not longer clinical, but spiritual, and initiation is no longer carnal, but spiritual.
>>
Well, you can't get fair than that, can you? Out of all the things God's supposed to have said this is probably one of the more reasonable ones tbqh.
>>
>>1251400
That was the Code of Hammurabi, not the torah, you fucktwat.
>>
>>1251583
It's literally Exodus 21:23-25
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+21%3A23-25&version=NIV
>>
>>1251416
>the actual founder of Christianity
stale meme
>>
The jewish protestants tweaked their message for a race with a roman boot on their face
>>
>>1251400
>Thou Shall Not Kill
>>
>>1251666
No surprise Satan loves Paul the Deceiver.
>>
>>1251416
>He wasn't a cunning sociopath with a wicked sense of humor like me, using my valuable time debunking so called Christian "morality" on a Vijayanagaran mimeograph symposium.
>>
File: 1465192185360.png (650 KB, 1055x808) Image search: [Google]
1465192185360.png
650 KB, 1055x808
>>1251694
>Vijayanagaran mimeograph symposium
I gotta remember that one.
>>
>>1251400
I personally don't interpret it (or many other things) as mainstream Christians do. I interpret it as "no more than an eye for an eye, a life for a life". So, if someone does something, the punishment should be proportionate to the crime, as in not over-doing the punishment, or in other words it is a "limit", not a justification. You might not punish another for a trespass at all, as if any of this matters, you don't take any of this with you.
>>
>>1251400
>No more than "life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise"

Of course you could pardon wrongs if you want. These were limitation statutes.
>>
>>1251400
In most cases you would end up creating an unending chain of retaliation, either don't do anything and move on with your life or take it one step further and damage your enemy in a way which he can't retaliate ever again (doesn't necessarily mean killing)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.