[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India or China
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
Which one has had more impact on the history of mankind? Culture and history of which one do you personally find more interesting and why?
>>
>>1250796
China.

Technology > spirituality.
>>
>Street shitters vs Fetus eaters

What a hard choice
>>
>>1250796
china probably

personally I don't give a shit about either of them
>>
File: 324234.png (25 KB, 1164x268) Image search: [Google]
324234.png
25 KB, 1164x268
>>1250819
>>1250823

t. Ignorant retards.
>>
China, plain and simple
>>
>>1250911
>it's another episode of chinks wanking to muh 4 inventions
>>
>>1250928
>it's an ignorant westerner plays the ignorant role..... episode.

Our whole western world is based of of their inventions. Deal with it, faggot.
>>
india hasn't had an all-encompassing empire for the last thousand years
>>
India

>numeral system
>decimal system
>binary number system and a bunch of other math shit
>Buddhism
>chess and a bunch of other board games

China

>gunpowder
>paper
>printing
>bunch of engineering marvels

Too bad both went to shit in the 19th century and haven't since really recovered.
>>
>>1250943

>what is the Mughal Empire
>>
>>1250948
ruled by foreigners who imposed a foreign religion, foreign culture and foreign language in court. more of an occupation than an 'indian' empire
>>
>>1250796
China objectively based upon facts, and subjectively based upon majority opinion of historians.
>>
>>1250944
>buddhism
>good
>>
File: 1457803237445.gif (2 MB, 290x260) Image search: [Google]
1457803237445.gif
2 MB, 290x260
>>1250939
>Our whole western world is based of of their inventions.
>>
>>1250944
>>numeral system

Not exactly

>>decimal system

Not exactly

>>binary number system and a bunch of other math shit

What?

>>Buddhism
>>chess and a bunch of other board games

It's unknown where the official beginnings of Chess were. Most likely the Indian subcontinent.
>>
>>1250953

nah the Mughals Indianized pretty quickly after Babur

India's history is one of being conquered and subjugated by foreigners who Indianized into the culture anyway (with the British being the exceptions to the rule)
>>
>>1250962
>the world never used gunpowder!
>the world never bothered with printing!!
>what even is a compass??

:^)
>>
>>1250972
>nah the Mughals Indianized pretty quickly after Babur

half their emperors were destroying temples and building their own mosques so i don't see where you're coming from
>>
>>1250801
First post best post
>>
>>1250977
>china invented gunpowder
debatable, and anyways, the modern (actually useful) form of smokeless powder was invented by a Frenchman.
>>
>>1250911
I said China you dumb fucking chink, what more do you want. I just PERSONALLY have no interest in China.
>>
>>1251156
>black powder wasn't useful

Oh come on now. I have no dog in this race and even I'm going to call bullshit. A better argument would have been corned powder (even though that would still be bullshit, as serpentine was plenty useful, if a pain in the ass).
>>
File: 1352363761347.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1352363761347.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
China,

because I fucking hate dogs and the chinks have the right idea about them. Keep them in cages and roast the fuckers alive with blowtorches.
>>
>>1251166
don't get me wrong, BP was useful, but there's a reason everyone switched to smokeless after it was invented.
>>
>>1250977
>the world never bothered with printing!!
You are aware that the printing press was invented by a German man yes?

Also saying the Chinese invented what we would think of as a Compass also has a lot of debatable points.
>>
>>1251296
you are aware printing =/= printing press, right?
>>
>>1251171
Well yeah, it was better. But let's now downplay just how ground-breaking black powder was. Smokeless powder is great, but it was just an improvement over the truly ground-breaking innovation that was black powder.
>>
>>1250944
you forgot plumbing for india
>>
>>1250971

what do you mean chang?
>>
>>1250796
China has had a greater impact, India was a British invention.
>>
>>1251911
>Adi shankaracharya making his monasteries in different parts of the subcontinent was an anglo invention
>Aryavarta is a british invention
>Jambudwipa is a british invention
damn, does the lust of the eternal anglo have no bounds?
>>
>>1251965
>The Church of Jesus Christ creates monasteries across Europe, therefore I can claim every invention across the continent of Europe undivided as part of the greatness of Luxembourg for having been sort of part of it
>I can also claim that San Marino had a great impact on civilization because it was once sort of sprang from the Roman Empire, which was also in that area millennia ago
>None can question the greatness of the Faroe Islands because its society is part of the civilization that spawned the idea of Miðgarðr and Norse cosmology
India as a nation is a British invention, poo in the loo f*cking shits
>>
street shitting gypsies with an average IQ of 85

or

soulless calculating androids with engineering and math skills
>>
>>1252003
While the poo-in-the-loo types are memetically overexposed on 4chin, it's not like mainland Chinese are exempt from this meme. There's countless evidence of them shitting in the metro, garbage bins, the floor.

The majority of old world Chinese/Indians that still reside in China/India are absolute garbage-tier
>>
>>1250796
Considering that East/Southeast/South Asian civilization is pretty much either Chinkified or Pooed, I say they're both important.
>>
>>1252002
Sure thing chink, only there was a cultural identity of sorts in shared myths and legends across the subcontinent, the kings and rulers of India took up the title of ruler of hindustan, and even the anglos borrowed the mughal title post 1857 because of
>muh empire

but hey, china was always glorious middle kingdom, best on earth and most culturally sophisticated and always united.

fucking disgusting.
>>
>>1252030
Same can be said about literally every single region on earth.
>>
neither

I would like to see both countries obliterated and their diaspora genocided

t. asian american who has to deal with both on a daily basis

but poo in loos tend to be nicer on an individual level
>>
>>1252050
>t. asian american
Cuck.
>>
>>1252048
then at least do some research before saying that the brits gave india the idea of India. They might have played a secondary role in forming the current Indian republic, but it is pretty fucking wrong to say that they gave the idea of India to Indians. They spent over half their time during the colonial period ruling as technical vassals of the mughal empire, and minted coins in the name of the shahanshah of Hindustan.
>>
>>1252055
>then at least do some research before saying that the brits gave india the idea of India. They
I said "India as a nation" not India as a concept of cultural identity. It doesn't matter how they spend their time in the subcontinent, they still ended up "uniting" it, while none of the former were able to do so, and even the Mughals never took full control like the Brits did. Everything modern India has achieved is in part because of the Brits.

It's like claiming modern Turkey had a greater impact on the world than Iran because they were part of the cultural continuity of the Roman Empire via the ERE.

Sorry, but India a shit and no amount of cultural identification can live up to the actual implementation of said cultural identity by the Chingchongs.
>>
>>1252073
the brits had huge parts of india as client states, same as the mughals at the height of their power, or the earlier guptas or mauryas. Their empire might not have been as sophisticated or bureaucratically advanced as the chinks, but saying that they didn't unite the places is pretty much a selective way of looking at it.
The earlier rajas and rulers of south india regularly kept correspondence with the NI dynasties, sent them tribute and asked them to allow brahmins to emigrate to their kingdoms as they became more culturally indianized. The chinks weren't a modern nation state before the 20th century either going by your arbritrary selections.

The brits used a mughal title to cement their rulership of india and used mughal honorifics and ceremonies like the durbar held by queen Victoria. The people in india remained the same throughout.
>>
>>1251167
>I fucking hate dogs
t. muslim
>>
>>1252050
no need for that "_-american" shit

you're just american
>>1252053
no, if he was a cuck he'd suck china's dick despite being born in america
>>
>>1252140
>Look at me, a son of immigrants, laughing at people who stayed in their homelands.
He's a cuck. Nothing else to it.
>>
File: 1437501686602.png (472 KB, 608x1096) Image search: [Google]
1437501686602.png
472 KB, 608x1096
>>1250985
tbf their emperors were pretty bipolar, one time they got the ultra-progressive akbar and the next you got someone like aurengzeb who was all behead the infidel jihad war now
>>
I always consider India/Greece the backbone of knowledge/culture of the world. The Chinese as backbone of engineering feats.

Thats not to say the Greeks/Indians didnt have any engineering, rather their knowledge/ideas eclipsed them. Chinese are mainly known for transporting engineering feats like gunpowder/compass/paper/rockets/etc, they really didn't pass any knowledge, but rather the means to it.
>>
>>1251156
How is that even debatable? It is considered absolute fact that China created gunpowder.

http://www.britannica.com/technology/gunpowder

"Black powder is thought to have originated in China, where it was used in fireworks and signals by the 10th century. Between the 10th and 12th centuries, the Chinese developed the huo qiang (“fire lance”), "
>>
>>1252764
How did the hindus even manage to survive till this day?
Did they just breed faster then the muzzies could convert them?
>>
>>1252869
the eternal anglo supported and pitted the hindu nobles against the muslim, classic divide and conquer tactics
>>
>>1250960
>Any religion
>Good
>>
>>1250972
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurangzeb
>As a political and religious conservative, Aurangzeb chose not to follow the liberal religious viewpoints of his predecessors after his ascension. Shah Jahan had already moved away from the liberalism of Akbar, although in a token manner rather than with the intent of suppressing Hinduism,[28][a] and Aurangzeb took the change still further.[29] Though the approach to faith of Akbar, Jahangir and Shah Jahan was more syncretic than Babur, the founder of the empire, Aurangzeb's position is not so obvious. His emphasis on sharia competed, or was directly in conflict, with his insistence that zawabit or secular decrees could supersede sharia.[30]

Very Indianized.
>>
>>1251162
It's so dizzying that people get triggered by the fact others are also people and stand up for themselves lmao
>>
>>1252795
>China
>Backbone of eginerring feats

Nice meme, Xia
>>
>>1251899
That none of what you wrote was fully accurate except for Buddhism, and that was mostly a non-Indian religion.
>>
>>1252140
Not really. If he's Korean or Japanese, he should realise that most Americans are fucking retards and associates him with the Chinese-American community and that the ethnically East Asian community, and similarly with the South Asian ones. If he's from the SEA he's a monkey and thus incapable of being a cuck
>>
>>1252869
Muslims don't handle the smell of skin covered in fecal matter very well.
>>
>>1252922
It's hard to say anyone was the backbone, but Chinese society was the first to create immense engineering structures.

The Great Wall, Grand Canal, and damming of the Yellow River.

Even the Pyramids pale in comparison to these structures.

The Romans are arguably better engineers on a efficiency basis, but that was after the Chinese.

It's impossible to objectively measure who was the backbone.

Nonetheless, China was more important to the development of civilization and technology than India.
>>
>>1250796
In the grand scheme of things, they are both late bloomers. Neither country had a stable government until recent history, both were pretty easily colonized and neither became a superpower until late 20th century
>>
>>1252950
>Grand Scheme of things.
>Presumably talking about all of human history.
>China and India.
>Late bloomers
Jesus Christ.
Also
>Superpowers.
>Not a 20th Century thing.
Fuck off.
>>
>>1252950
> Neither country had a stable government until recent history
China was more stable than 95% of countries in the world.
>>
>>1252950
For late bloomers, they sure as shit influenced the culture of their respective surroundings. Which only changed really with the coming of western industrialization in the 1800's.
>>
>>1252950
wew lad
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1155x1328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1155x1328
>>1252950
This is bait, right?
>>
>>1252943
It's Chinese now who adopted Western Style to build their houses and buildings. Which in turn was heavily influenced by Greco-Roman style. Not the other way around. That fact alone is enough to say Greco-Roman is the backbone of modern day architecture .
>>
>>1252983
Oh so because in 2016 the process has reversed it just makes everything before it not important?
>>
>>1253000
>2016 the process has reversed it

????? , if Chink is so amazing, then why it's chink who adoptive Western style in their building, their clothing, their idelogy, instead of reverse ?
>>
>>1253019
Not the other guy but, western style building/clothing/ideology doesn't mean Roman/Greek style.

I think you're confused. Romans didn't invent skyhigh skyscrappers. Romans didn't invent Tuxedo/Suits/Ties. Romans invent Marxism/Communism/Scientific literature.
>>
>>1253031

>Romans didn't invent skyhigh skyscrapers.

Not even skyscrapers. There are shit tons of building like this in China.
>>
>>1253050
China is a big country. They have shit tons of buildings made for their hollywood business.

They have plenty of replicas that sit around doing nothing most of the time.
>>
>>1253050
They will claim to be the true inheritors of the Roman Empire. Just like the Byzantine empire did.
>>
File: Sewu (before 782 AD).jpg (625 KB, 1600x1132) Image search: [Google]
Sewu (before 782 AD).jpg
625 KB, 1600x1132
India was far more influential on the rest of the world for most of its history. China's impact was mostly limited to neighboring regions that adopted its civilization, like Korea, Japan, Vietnam and Yunnan. India's impact was more widespread and took on more forms; Southeast Asia adopted their entire civilization, Buddhism took hold in Central and East Asia, the Islamic and Western worlds adopted their mathematics. China's cultural influence outside of East Asia was fairly limited; there was some influence of Chinese art on that of Islam, but nothing hugely important. Chinese philosophies and institutions didn't spread very far.

What China gave to the rest of the world were some vitally important technologies; paper, the compass and gunpowder. Their importance can't really be overestimated; without them the entire early modern period would have been impossible. Without paper making Europe's printing revolution, and thus the Scientific revolution and Enlightenment, could hardly have taken place. Without gunpowder the West could never have dominated Asia; the Portuguese conquest of the Indian Ocean relied on the use of carracks loaded with cannon. The same inventions also transformed the Islamic and Indian worlds; look at the Islamic Golden Age (paper was vital to its success), the Gunpowder Empires, or the development of Indian rocketry. I don't know much about seafaring but I assume the compass was hugely important to the Age of Exploration.

There's no way to measure which was actually more influential, since they influenced the world in completely different ways (India mostly culturally, China mostly technologically). India was more influential for a longer period, but China's influence made the modern world possible. I'm not trying to say that one was better than the other; China and India were both incredibly accomplished, but India's central position in Eurasia (compared to China's relative isolation) made it more influential for a longer period.
>>
>>1253081
>Roman wuz chink n shieet
>>
>>1250972
>indianized

The language court was persian, the lingua franca of central asia, for the whole mughal rule. They were always muslim. They always claimed to be from central asia. You can't get less indianized.
>>
>>1253116
They Indianized. They officially had persian as court language, but the mughals themselves used a variant of Hindi (indian language) called Urdu. This is basically Hindu stylized as persian with persian loan words.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.