[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any info on the secret history of drug use and the development
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: spider.jpg (17 KB, 261x200) Image search: [Google]
spider.jpg
17 KB, 261x200
Any info on the secret history of drug use and the development of society? Shamans used psychedelics of course, and lots of business must have been done on cocaine, and of course the music industry ect.

I would like to know more about this unspoken narrative in human history.
>>
>>1248537
I thought it was in WWII when aircraft pilots used amphetamines to stay awake and so on and so on.
>>
>>1248566
yes this is true
>>
It's not secret, it's just obscure.

Everyone used drugs up until very recently, the twentieth century is incredibly unusual in having prohibition against most drugs enforced globally.
>>
>>1248566
>>1248615

Every one of the leaders during World War 2 used something like amphetamines to keep sharp.

Anthony Eden was allegedly awake for six days on speed during the Suez Crisis.

>>1248638 here

Also, opium and cannabis were in virtually every medicine worth paying for.
>>
>>1248566
The US military was using amphetamine "go pills" up until very recently. I believe they've switched to Modafinil now.
>>
>>1248676

I'm given to understand one of the hardest to get out of is fighter pilot, they get hooked on the meds they need to stay sharp, and need to go through, basically, rehab, on the way out.
>>
>>1248638
Source?
>>
>>1248683
It's pretty common knowledge m8. Just google "US military go pills" and you'll find plenty of info.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123778

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Go-pills-for-F-16-pilots-get-close-look-2687644.php

Something on the use of Provigil (Modafinil).
Modafinil is great because it's not highly stimulating like amphetamine. It just makes you feel alert without making you jumpy.

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/how-fighter-pilots-stay-sharp-20131205
>>
>>1248683

Anywhere and anytime that drugs were not specifically mentioned as banned, they were being used.

People before prohibition understood that medicinal and recreational use are not completely distinct categories, they overlap more than they don't; and they used them as such. I think it's in Czechia that they still have the tradition of eating opium cakes every Christmas, and they have no higher rates of opiate addiction, it's part of their normal culture.

Alcohol was the most popular, up there with opiates, cannabis, and psychedelics. Of these, it's only possible to ban opiates with any degree of success, since the plants that produce them don't just grow anywhere. Any society that makes bread can make alcohol, and cannabis and psychedelics grow anywhere.
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (57 KB, 511x500) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.jpg
57 KB, 511x500
>>1248697
Whoops. Somehow I thought that >>1248683 was quoting >>1248676

Maybe I should get an Adderall script.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.