[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do criminals constantly become assets to their governments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1463518713848.jpg (222 KB, 700x1039) Image search: [Google]
1463518713848.jpg
222 KB, 700x1039
Why do criminals constantly become assets to their governments or fanatical terrorist?

Every CIA assets in history was always some drug lord. This douche bag in the photo robbed like 90 banks across Europe and was a crime boss. Noriega was an asset at one point. And every Muslim terrorist that goes to fight Isis was always in some gang before they found religion.

How do men driven by profit get turned out by governments and god?
>>
>>1248287
Local trouble maker >>>>>>>>>>>training agents to do one specific shit.
>>
>why is it easier to sick Tonys, Jamals, and Pablos on people than ordinary citizens?
>>
>>1248287
Governments themselves are essentially criminal syndicates. They demand you give them money for protection, and they will send goon squads after you if you don't pay that money. Furthermore, if you do something they don't like (ex: smoking a plant) their goons will beat the shit out of you and hold you hostage.
>>
>>1248287
>Why do criminals constantly become assets to their governments or fanatical terrorist?
Because honest people are inherently less useful.
>>
>>1248294
This.

It's fucking expensive to train someone from your country and then stick him/her in the enemy country and do damage.

It's better to hire local talent. Cheaper, and less direct connections with you. And if it fucks up, it's not your loss.

This is nothing new, this shit has been done for millenia. Just look up how some pirates in history weren't entirely independent.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 183x275
>>1248287
Governments are criminals. Every government that is at the top has gotten there by violating goodness and right. Marcus Aurelius has a great quote on this:

>A spider is proud when it has caught a fly, and another when he has caught a poor hare, and another when he has taken a little fish in a net, and another when he has taken wild boars, and another when he has taken bears, and another when he has taken Sarmatians. Are not these robbers, if thou examinest their opinions?

Of course, Rome was the one who would take Sarmatians. So Rome = a robber.
>>
>>1248306

t. Adam Kokesh

But nah hes right
>>
>And every Muslim terrorist that goes to fight Isis was always in some gang before they found religion.
Got a source? Sounds interesting
>>
>>1248306

People can always negotiate a better deal.

Option B is always on the table.
>>
>>1248341

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/terrorists-descent-into-violence-had-roots-in-a-copenhagen-gang/2015/02/16/cc236992-b618-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html
>>
>>1248341

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdel-Majed_Abdel_Bary

Also the guy they recently captured that ditched during the Paris attacks owned a bar that was essentially a drug den.
>>
>>1248287
>How do men driven by profit get turned out by governments and god?
Because these kinds of men aren't driven by profit at all. They're driven by reputation and ego. A government or large organization recruiting them is just more flattery for them, a signal that they've become so powerful, desirable, or useful, that they've been headhunted by shadowy power structures far and above what any of their street gang peers could ever aspire to.
>>
>>1248582
You think so?
>>
I've read some shady books. The Bulgarian communist government alledgedly was into criminal activities. I've also read claims about North Korea funding its government with drug
trade. The latter I am very unsure about, the first I read in a book.
>>
>>1249192
The Bulgarians are the ones that always sell guns to people.
>>
>>1249192
The Koreans for a fact sell drugs.

But that's not the topic of this thread. The Koreans directly selling drugs is not the same as a CIA asset allowed to traffic cocaine because he knows some guerillas
>>
>>1249414
I am talking about governments which are into criminal activities, which I thought this topic was about. The CIA also alledgedly let the Italian mafia (don't know which one) suppress Italian marxists.
>>
File: 300px-TWRII_Portrait_Scipio.jpg (64 KB, 300x493) Image search: [Google]
300px-TWRII_Portrait_Scipio.jpg
64 KB, 300x493
>>1248331
Nigga the whole fucking point of that quote is that those creatures who hunt those things don't do so out of a malicious nature or as "robbers" they do so because they perceive it as the natural order.

i.e. the spider is brought when he has caught a fly because it is the spiders goal, the spiders desire, and the spiders purpose. Why would this make the spider inherently evil when analyzing this situation from the perspective of the spider?
>>
>>1249708
I'm busting your balls senpai

Lucky Luciano was boys with the Feds during WW2.
>>
>>1248287
Caмo cлoгa Cpбинa cпacaвa

kys OP
>>
>>1249934
What nigga
>>
>>1249980
i wasnt talking to you
>>
>>1248287
Literally me on the right
>>
>>1248287

The CIA are not police. It is not their job to fight crime. Especially not in other countries. Who cares if some guy committed a bunch of crimes in a foreign country? If he's useful, he's useful.
>>
>>1250080

You're a tiger?
>>
>>1250152
No a faggot
>>
File: fn fal congo.jpg (56 KB, 476x704) Image search: [Google]
fn fal congo.jpg
56 KB, 476x704
>>1249204
I thought it was the Belgians who always sell guns to people.
>>
>>1250342
There's more than one country in this category.

Generally, whenever there's some kind of scandal involving arms trafficking, the Bulgarians are involved somehow.

But then there's like 20 other countries in the same business.
>>
>>1249709
No, you clearly haven't read Marcus Aurelius.

There is no thing as "conscious evil" in stoicism, there is only "baseness". The spider is base, but so is Rome, yet Rome clearly shouldn't be base because it consists of humans.

Please refrain posting your opinion on /his/ before you've read the appropriate literature. It will do both the board, and yourself a favor. Uneducated opinions go to >>>/pol/ .
>>
>>1250357
Americas #1
>>
>>1250342
Selling guns to nations you give aid to as a kickback is common.
>>
Bumo
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.