[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is having children selfish?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1397335020920.jpg (17 KB, 268x277) Image search: [Google]
1397335020920.jpg
17 KB, 268x277
Is having children selfish?
>>
>>1244807
yes. and any other answer is just blatantly incorrect by the most basic assumptions of what constitutes selfish.
>>
>>1245057
"My opinion is truth. Any opposition is wrong because I say so."

Regardless of what is correct, people with opinions like yours come off as desperate. Most people will view you as a loser that can't find somebody to reproduce with and thus takes their hate out on others who can.

There is literally nothing wrong with having a child. There are many different reasons people have them.
>>
No, it requires a lot of sacrifice, that's the major reason people don't want kids, because it requires them to put themselves second.
>>
>>1245387
It makes the assumption that because you arent miserable that what you bring into the world won't be as well. Or that you have some power in making that the case. While I have come to a place where I'm no longer miserable 24/7, for so many that isn't the case or even a possibility. You're playing roulette that you won't birth /r9k/. Moreover, this is merely an argument on top of the fact that it is done for selfish reasons.
>>
>>1245439
>imposing existence on someone to satisfy your own urge to procreate
you can see how this could be interpreted as a selfish act
>>
>>1245387
>There is literally nothing wrong with having a child.
Overpopulation
>>
>>1244807
Yes.
>>
>>1245606
overpopulation is a myth. World will level out ~10 billion and then probably decrease.

Within our lifetime the declining world population is going to be a huge economic problem.
>>
>>1244807
Taking someone else's is.
>>
>>1244807
only if you're not white
>>
>>1245460
>misery is bad in itself
>misery is not bad because it is detrimental to survival
>>
>>1245439
>No, it requires a lot of sacrifice
so do wars of aggression
>>
>>1246435
>Within our lifetime the economy is going to be a huge problem for declining world population.
FTFY
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.