[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the life of a gorilla from a endangered species is more important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1464918833140.jpg (27 KB, 480x467) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464918833140.jpg
27 KB, 480x467
Why the life of a gorilla from a endangered species is more important than of a little kid? What makes our lives have intrisic more value than of a animal?
>>
>>1243803
The kid was black so white people dgaf.
>>
Two opposed views are competing.
First, a gorilla that dies is proportionally a bigger loss than a human, and it might make the complete extinction of the species closer, while there's no such danger for humans.
Second, we have an instinct to keep bad about the death of members of our species, that was strongly reinforced by millennia of anthropocentric morals that says that human lives matter.

Today I visited an exhibition of ancient art in a museum and they had some pictures of Palmyra with a text presenting its history. It said some things about the loss of these ruins (without mentioning how or why they were lost) and ended with a few lines about how much more important were the senseless killings that took place ("especially" the local museum's director's).

In my opinion, it is right for the people who suffer to care about that, and it is right for the people who don't to care about the things that are lost.
>>
>>1243803
Our rationality makes us better than animals
>>
>>1243920

You presume that you are rational without adequate proof.
>>
I think everyone is looking at this wrong.
The fact remains that a judgement call had to be made and the zoo made it. If they had sat on their hands asking the kind of questions that are being asked now we may very well have been treated to 480 red video of a little black kid getting torn apart by a gorilla
>>
>>1243920
>Our humanness makes us more human than nonhumans
>>
>>1243803
& Humanities was a mistake.
>>
>>1243803
Because we are humans and thus care more for humans.

>intrisic value
A meme.
>>
>>1243803
Dont zoo's have tranquilizers for situations like this. They didnt have to take mah nigga out like that
>>
>it's somehow bad for humans to rationalize things from an anthropocentric perspective
>>
>>1243803
i mean bruh surely the gorilla didnt need to be killed, if he shot next to it or something in the water it might have spooked it off, or even shot it in the leg or something

(im not claiming to know to anything about what would happen if he shot the gorilla and the injuries it might have or its behaviour but if he shot it in the leg or hands or even beside it im sure it mighve just pissed off, probably with the kid now i think about it)
>>
>>1243803
simple, the gorilla cant create a value in the capitalist system and therefore is unimportant, but the child can create a value.

inb4 cuck marxist communist lolollolxor
>>
Because if it didn't, then you could expand that morality into ignoring many animals that kill humans, which would erode human sovereignty.
>>
>>1244132
>Our humanness makes us better than nonhumans
ftfy
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.