[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reasearch poll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1445591405125.jpg (50 KB, 490x357) Image search: [Google]
1445591405125.jpg
50 KB, 490x357
http://www.strawpoll.me/10402023

do it for research on the board /his/. Curious to find out.

Also, I know what these terms mean today, but what are their origins?
>>
>I know what these terms mean today
If you really did, you wouldn't be polling us.

>what are their origins?
>French Revolution of 1789 when members of the National Assembly divided into supporters of the king to the president's right and supporters of the revolution to his left
>>
>>1241890
hey anon, anon might say something, but he may really believe something else
>>
File: ru}nbp14.gif (4 KB, 360x216) Image search: [Google]
ru}nbp14.gif
4 KB, 360x216
>>1241878

Querfront.
>Sparta-Potsdam-Moscow!
>>
>believing in the left/right false dichotomy

Fuck off good goy
>>
>>1241959
please explain?

Cause I believe in getting the best of everything, and getting rid of the worst in everything
>>
>>1241963
There are no absolutist monarchies in our countries.
>>
>>1241973

ah, I see.

Well, at least for say, America, how do you think people identify their political beliefs?
>>
>>1241973
I'm a monarchist, and am therefore right wing lefty scum
>>
>>1241963
It's a severely limiting spectrum that absolutely does not allow for the thousands of nuances in different political worldviews.

Take for example the "far-right." In common discourse, this tends to refer to Neo-Nazi style groups that tend to violently oppose immigration and promote the local culture and traditions at the expense of all others. This group is called "far-right" because they believe in nationalism and racial segregation.

But then someone who believes strongly in free market economies with no government oversight whatsoever and the abolishment of all social services would be labelled as "far-right", since their economic stances are to the "right" of even established "right-wing" parties. This person is called "far-right" because they believe in radical individual autonomy.

So how in the hell is radical autonomy in any way related to ethnic nationalism? It isn't (in fact they're in opposition in a lot of ways), but because we use this severely limited "left-right" spectrum we end up labelling the two the same.
>>
>>1241979
>Well, at least for say, America, how do you think people identify their political beliefs?

Left/Right, which as I outlined above is a very inaccurate method to use.

For example, a lot of libertarian-leaning Republicans would probably have a lot more in common with socially-liberal Democrats than they would with their conservative Republican brethren, but because one party is seen as "right" and the other is seen as "left", they automatically get lumped with the entire conservative Republican powerbase.
>>
>>1242047

do you think then we should move from a 2 party system to a multi-party system, cause god knows that fucks my country everytime we got bigshot elections
>>
>>1242051
>do you think then we should move from a 2 party system to a multi-party system
Absolutely. The fact that America as the second-largest democracy in the world only has two viable parties that both have vague and ill-defined platforms compared to each other is a fucking joke.

A multi-party system would allow American politics to far more accurately represent the ACTUAL landscape of political belief, and in doing so would set the foundations for far more political progress to be made. The current two-party system the US has has, as we can see, increasingly resulted in political gridlock and obstructionism.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.