[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/his/ jobs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 431904.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
431904.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
i'm going to begin university soon, and i'm interested in majoring in history or museum studies. but are there any real jobs i could get with those degrees? do any of you work in a history related job?
also, i only care to make enough money in order to live. i don't intend to live a big life, so making shit money is not a huge problem.
>>
>>1300053
No there's not many job directly related. But it's a fascinating topic.
>>
>>1300053
I mean there's teaching. I'm in uni and I want to be a history teacher. You can also work in a museum, or if in the states, places like your city hall.
>>
history graduate here

honestly history has 2 viable paths once you have your bachelors, teaching or law. that really boils down to what your passion is. if you want to stay in jobs related to history go into teaching and do what you love, just know that teaching is a lot more competitive, where getting a Masters is pretty much necessary to even teach high school with the competition you face.

Law is more like putting the skills you honed in history put to another use, it's a lot of research and reading, a lot of writing and persuading people to buy into your argument like you would any thesis. Only problem is that it's not history, you're just using your talents in a more lucrative area.

I ended up choosing law and ended up as a paralegal as I'm nowhere near able to afford law school. and honestly it worked out okay for me, make $18 an hour and at least able to be self-sufficient. but both paths are equally viable depending on what you really want to end up doing.
>>
>>1300053
I'm just going to minor in history, better idea.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.