[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pedro II
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How good of a leader was he really?
>>
Good enough to justify him being a Civ V leader

which is a really low bar because they put Maria of Portugal there
>>
>>1236177
He is easily the best example of an enlightened monarch.
>>
>>1236177
Dom Pedro was someone who for better or worse wasn't particularly fan of being a King.

So he defended republican ideals, he liked to travel across the world in scientific travels and liked to send letters to scientists to discuss whatever new is happening. So if anything else Pedro II brought a lot of new scientific developments to the country

The emperor himself liked to give teach astronomy, a subject he dearly loved, to students in his personal observatory.
>>
>>1236177
The Lincoln of Brazil
>>
>>1236238
Now for all the love Pedro had for the republican system he liked things going his way. He strenghtened the executive power and frequently went against decisions made by the congress and other institutions which gave him some infamy as some sort of "despot".

Also economy was not the emperor strongest point so the economical growth of Brazil was slow.
>>
>>1236193
They also gave Catherine Russia and Boudicca the Celts.
>>
>>1236177
He ended up alienating himself from the major powers of his country.
>>
>>1236193
I'm glad Brazil in it just for their War Theme.

It's so good.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.