[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Islam not forbid monarchies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 002564bc6745162bf83d06.jpg (52 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
002564bc6745162bf83d06.jpg
52 KB, 600x395
Does Islam not forbid monarchies?
>>
>>1234490

What is a fucking caliph you slave
>>
>>1234490
It supports monarchies, it doesn't necessarily support mandatory hereditary heirs. It doesn't support absolute monarchies.
This is all using Muhammad as the prime example.
>>
>>1234496
>>1234499
I meant hereditary succession. I thought that wasn't allowed?
>>
>>1234496
A religious leader who is elected unanimously by his piety. There's no dynastic hierarchy in Islam.
>>
>>1234510
Mate, that's the entire discussion between Sunnis and Shias.

Sunnis believe the Caliph should be elected by a council (a Shura). The only requisite that Sunnis have is that the Caliph has to have ancestry from the Quraish tribe. However, most Sunni scholars agree that nowadays that requisite is defunct. So the Caliph doesn't even have to have Quraish descent.

Shias believe that the Caliph should be solely from Muhammad's lineage. Think Ali for example, Muhammad's cousin. Or the Fatimid Caliphs, who were related to Muhammad to his daughter Fatima.
>>
>>1234520
>elected
sunni scum detected
>>
>>1234554
Yeah, the Sunnis of Saudi Arabia just keep choosing members of the same family by a funny coincidence.
>>
>>1234591
The Sunni monarchs don't claim to be Caliphs though. They are simply monarchs. There are a couple of signs that Islam is anti-monarchy in the traditional sense, but not so much that monarchies would be outright forbidden. The hardliners like ISIS (who obviously know Islam best) however are anti-monarchy.

>O Muslims! though you have made me your chief, I am not the best among you. If someone else among you had taken charge of this burden which you have put upon me, it would have been better for me. If you expect that I should rule you just as the Apostle of God did, then I must tell you that it is not possible. The Apostle received Wahi (Revelation) from Heaven, and he was infallible whereas I am an ordinary man. I am not better than you. Therefore, if you see me walking on the straight road, follow me; but if you see me deviate from it, reprove me. If I do right, support me; if I do wrong, correct me. Obey me as long as I obey God and His Apostle. But if you see that I am disobeying them, you too disobey me.

From the fist Caliph.

Obviously Shias disagree with all of this, monarchies in the traditional sense are perfectly accepted in Shia Islam, as long as those monarchs are descendants of Muhammad in some way.
>>
>>1234591
Saudi Arabia isn't a caliphate you spastic
>>
>>1234554
I thought Shia's did that because they were basically always attacked while thinking that they were preserving the true Islam.

It happened as a reaction to getting harassed.
>>
>>1234490
Yeah it doesn't. That's why the whole grand mosque and bin laden shit came from.

Middle and lower class wants to overthrow the king and Iranify, upper class doesn't want to but act likes it does, Americans see this and burger in their head
>>
>>1234554
So this means, hypothetically, if the Shia ummah were to create a Caliphate they'd make one of the Sunni Hashemites their Caliph?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.