[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Someone tells me I'm living on stolen land from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: 1458608486179.jpg (192 KB, 1200x1215) Image search: [Google]
1458608486179.jpg
192 KB, 1200x1215
>Someone tells me I'm living on stolen land from the Indians
>Look it up
>All the land in my area was negotiated, paid for, and had treaties signed over it by all local tribes
>>
wow fucking racist pay reparations
>>
File: 1463129489429.jpg (191 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1463129489429.jpg
191 KB, 640x633
>Founder of your state was a pacifist who is hailed for how he treated the natives here
>Still get told the land is stolen and your ancestors were evil
>>
File: dffd.png (268 KB, 289x310) Image search: [Google]
dffd.png
268 KB, 289x310
>aliens come down to earth
>they have tons of gold
>we trade them land for it
>we learn that there is no value for gold in their economy after their economy envelopes us
>they call it "space dust" and use the Quartonium Standard to back up and gauge the worth of their currency
>our gold is worthless
>200 years later some alien post on an imageboard about how his people got the land fairly
>you take another shot of Fireball and shut down your computer
>>
File: streetview.jpg (29 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
streetview.jpg
29 KB, 500x400
Pic related is where the "traditional owners" of the land live. They still to this day have tribal violence which dates backs who knows how long.

Despite their land being worth millions.
>>
WE WUZ NOBLE MERCHANTS N SHIIEET
>>
>>1318936

>Despite their land being worth millions.

Gee, I wonder why they don't want to give up the land their ancestors lived on. Is this just something people in the US don't comprehend because their families all left their homelands long ago?
>>
Natives stole each other's land for thousands of years.
>>
>>1318089
This isn't /his/ pup.
>>
>>1318998
Spain is rightful Basque clay
>>
File: nicedesune.webm (190 KB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
nicedesune.webm
190 KB, 896x504
>>1318089
>Look it up
>we totally did
>we even bragged about it in official records
>>
>>1318998
But aboriginals barely practice their cultural rights, past eating turtles.
>>
>>1319002
Obviously. The point is more that with our advanced civilization, mastery of warfare and written word, and proud history of worshipping a pacifist (and handsome) Christian God we perhaps should be held to a different standard than some fuckers that live in huts and don't have books.
>>
Shh, gib clay bajk, pay repatriations only apply to turkroaches, when white folk does it It is right by conquest.
>>
>>1319042
> Christian god
> Pacifist
Okay
>>
>live in city founded on rarely used Indian hunting ground
>it gets attacked by natives serving as mercenaries for the French
>the mayor puts bounties on native scalps because they're foreign soldiers killing civilians
>the native attacks stop after the nearby French fort is destroyed
>250 years later this is an act of genocide comparable to the Holocaust and people vandalize all memories of the man who stopped the town from being sacked and it's people being slaughtered
>>
>someone tells me I live in stolen land from the Indians
>look it up
>WE ACTUALLY DO
>I'm a british imperialist
>>
>>1318924
quality refutation by logical analogy. props
>>
>>1318924
New York being paid by mirrors and beads is a myth. It was actually paid with Gulden worth an upper class housing in Amsterdam.
>>
>>1319327
>Jesus tells people to take any suffering your enemies give you and never retaliate
>not pacifist
>>
File: IMG_20160622_100754_424.jpg (139 KB, 980x629) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160622_100754_424.jpg
139 KB, 980x629
>>1318089
>someone tells me my ancestors were rapists and genocidal maniacs
>"muh oro" and all that crap
>laugh at the dumb sudaca and say that conquistadores are the greatest warriors in history
>mfw he never spoke to me again
>>
>>1318089
>living on land stolen from mexico
>stolen from spain
>stolen from indians
At this point is it even the Indians anymore.
>>
>>1318998
I guess so. Please explain to me why anyone gives a fuck about living on the land their ancestors lived on.
>>
>someone points out how my country has done morally repugnant things in the past
>I "refute" him by calling him a liberal and a cuck and dodging the issue at hand
>>
>>1318089
Why do modern americans still call them indians? Is it anyting to do with Columbus trying to find a quicker route to india or what?
>>
>>1319399
because every "better" term is either unwieldy to say or sounds dumb
>>
>tfw it's actually still theirs
>tfw Mexican
>>
>>1319373
Yeah Crusades and witch hunts are pacifist as fuck
>>
>>1319402
I usually say natives
>>
>>1319373
God showed us the extent of his pacifism with the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah, the great flood, the exodus, and having his followers murder thousands of the Philistines.
>>
>>1319437
Oh dear, the natives are at it again.
>>
>>1319445
More like savages, amirite? :^)
>>
>>1319437
Good luck sounding specific with that.
>>
>>1319488
If you say native in the United States when talking about ethnicity, it's pretty clear what you mean.
>>
>>1319497
The Mormons?
>>
>>1319518
Please don't bring the true faith into this.
>>
>>1318924
>Multiple tribes make a deal
>300 years later
>WAAA I DON'T LIKE THE DEAL I TOOK NO FAIR NO FAIR. GIVE IT BACK!!

Naw. Seriously fuck off.
>>
>>1319555
Why don't they just integrate into the rest of American society instead of drinking themselves to death on reservations?
>>
>>1319560
because the government subsidizes them drinking themselves to death on reservations
>>
File: file.png (961 KB, 608x815) Image search: [Google]
file.png
961 KB, 608x815
>>
>>1318089
They got scammed bruh
>>
>colonize land that no natives occupy
>all of the sudden natives chimp out and attack
>take some of their land via standard traditional war reparations
>it's le white mans fault
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.