[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The most evil man in history.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6
File: AmbroseOfMilan.jpg (84 KB, 312x600) Image search: [Google]
AmbroseOfMilan.jpg
84 KB, 312x600
The most evil man in history.
>>
File: 1464722622301.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1464722622301.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>Evil
>>
File: comes-bonifacius.jpg (97 KB, 345x540) Image search: [Google]
comes-bonifacius.jpg
97 KB, 345x540
>>1228112
Fixed.

Guy invited the Vandals into Africa which is pretty much the most devastating blow the WRE received.
>>
File: karl-marx-wikimedia-commons.jpg (111 KB, 639x545) Image search: [Google]
karl-marx-wikimedia-commons.jpg
111 KB, 639x545
>>
File: Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg (136 KB, 695x1041) Image search: [Google]
Leopold_ii_garter_knight.jpg
136 KB, 695x1041
>>1228132
Marx wasn't evil, he was just vain, perfidious and crafty.
>>
File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87 KB, 390x513) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87 KB, 390x513
>>1228112
>>
>>1228112
Why?
Also wasn't he basically the tutor of St Augustine?
>>
>>1228112
Basically. Ambrose stopping Theodosius from protecting the property and lives of his pagan citizens was the essential beginning of the medieval world. Religious freedom and objective truth were being thrown out the door as a private organization became more powerful than the public state. But this disaster was building up for a long time, especially when the church began providing for public services in the East, services the state should've been providing.

Reminds me of the incident when Constantine exiled Atahanasius to Trier because he threatened to prevent the shipments of Egyptian grain to the rest of the empire, perfectly comfortable with letting countless starve and die if those who rejected the trinity were allowed to remain in communion with the church. Or when Athanasius was accused of destroying Subordinationist churches in Alexandria and unleashing violence against his political opponents; and facing the accusations that he was the proponent of sacrilege and violence replied, "no, merely violence".

Far more moral and self-sacrificing men than Ambrose and Athanasius were condemned as heretics or demons because they didn't hold the "orthodox" beliefs that these wicked politicians did. There were good and evil men on each side of the trinity debate, but an entire side being condemned as liars or deluded because they lost the game of politics is disgusting. Almost as disgusting as people trying to justify the evils committed by the "Orthodox" as being necessary to preserve the teachings of Jesus.
>>
>>1228407
enjoyed this post desu, though my understanding of early church conflict is not my strong point
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.