[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inb4 U.N. Makes western powers give up African colonies. Imperial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 600x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 600x648
Inb4 U.N. Makes western powers give up African colonies. Imperial thread.
>>
Tell me again how decolonization helped Africa?
>>
>>1226833
By letting Africans be independent?
>>
File: 1447260586703.png (203 KB, 696x653) Image search: [Google]
1447260586703.png
203 KB, 696x653
>>1226840
>implying Africa is independent
>>
>>1226840
independent of corporeal form maybe
>>
>>1226833
Exactly, It made turmoil in Africa which continues to this day
>>
>>1226735
What is there to discuss anon?
>>
>>1226858
It honesty would have happened either way to be truthful.
>>
>>1226864
Your stance on imperialism or whatever
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 500x383
RIP Kenya Colony 1963
>>
>>1226735
UN didnĀ“t force shit. Colonies became too expensive after the war.
>>
>>1226847

Kek. Vive la Francophonie!!!!11!
>>
>>1226735
This laying claim to vast expanses of uninhabited territory, just for stretegic depth, is one of the most retarded characteristics of the imperial era of western civvy.
Like, what the hell you going to do with all that Sahara, France? At least the ancient romans and persia had the ssense to realize it was a pointless endeavour to occupy adjacent desers.
>>
>>1226914
They were always expensive but they would be even moreso because maintaining control and silencing dissent and rebellion became more of a financial issue and people were starting to see the shit that went on in those places and condemning it because it could not just be hidden any longer and the few natives that got an education were starting to speakup.

Remember Enoch Powell and his speech and many others on the Mau Mau Rebellion? That point of Britain having to stop having different standards on how it rules for it's citizens simply based on what contentinent they lived in could not stay any longer
>>
>>1226974
>I must take it so they don't get it.

Also hidden resources.
Ever played civ 5 and when you get a science in the modern that unlock resources then find out you vast stretch of useless is a massive area filled with uranium, oil, coal or minerals. Better yet you find another guy that has that and you are much more powerful military or influence trade wise.
>>
>>1226974
Paint the map blue.

Yes it was autism.
>>
>>1226847
Africa is secretly controlled by the eternal angolan
>>
>>1226833
Colonization was conducted in an incredibly shitty way that made decolonization a death sentence
>inb4 someone who actually believe the Europeans just walked in and built a bunch of schools, and hospitals for the natives out of the goodness of their hearts unironically starts posting
>>
>trying to instate a totally foreign state system onto primitive cultures

Should've just left them to all their tribal shit and forget the countries part. If they want states they can make their own.
>>
>>1227144
Reminder that Africans fucking paid for all the schools, hospitals and railways themselves.
>>
>>1227161
Civilization isn't free, anon.
The British had to pay for their own schools, Africans should do the same.
>>
>>1227173
Schools in European colonies weren't for African you autist
>>
>>1227181
*Africans
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 940x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 940x444
>>1227181
well, there were some
>>
>>1227173
Great way to say "I am such a Jew that I refuse to implement a public school system and burden the immense cost of education on some missionaries and the poor as hell people I rule over and constantly tax (like they even know what I am taxing them for many of the shit is just arbitrary taxation)".
>>
File: honest-accounts-6-638.jpg (165 KB, 638x903) Image search: [Google]
honest-accounts-6-638.jpg
165 KB, 638x903
>>1226833
>implying Africa is decolonised
>>
File: African_Renaissance.jpg (2 MB, 3617x2713) Image search: [Google]
African_Renaissance.jpg
2 MB, 3617x2713
Post YFW your autism will never be slaked with first world africa
>>
>>1227144
They could have raped all the women and enslaved the men in return for only the alphabet and I would see that as a fair trade for perhaps another couple ten thousand years without
>>
>>1227512
edgy.
>>
>>1227289
You know, that statue got a lot of backlash, but I think it's really nice. At least it's a beautiful statue, and some symbol of pride is worth it I think.
>>
File: can u not.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
can u not.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
>>1226735
>Germany blocking the cape to Cario

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>1228814
Brits got Tanzania later on idiot.
However they signed the International Labour Organisation Forced Labour Convention of 1930, No. 29 so unlike France Spain and Portugal they couldn't use forced labour so that may have thrown a wrench into the budget.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.