[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Muslims conquered India? I understand how they did it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Portrait_of_Akbar_by_Manohar.jpg (136 KB, 471x879) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_Akbar_by_Manohar.jpg
136 KB, 471x879
How did Muslims conquered India? I understand how they did it with Persia since it was left vulnerable from it's war with the Byzantines but how did Muslims take and left such a huge impact on India? Also, how did the Mughal Empire work since you essentially have Hindu majority being ruled by Muslims, like how did that not fall flat on it's face?
>>
>>1225520
>""""""""""""""""""""vulnerable""""""""""""""""""""
Reminder that the Persians outnumbered the Arabs in every battle they fought
>>
>>1225520
Because India is literally in a worse position than Persia/Byzantium: it;s a region with a bunch of Hindu Kingdoms.

Also fucking Turkics conquer shit as a hobby. And Mahmud of Ghazni led the first serious Islamic incursion into India.
>>
>>1225520
India was always always more vulnerable than Persia, it was a bunch of independent kingdoms and principalities with constantly shifting borders because no one liked one another. The conquest itself was very slow, there wasn't a unified effort by the forces of Islam to capture the land for the Caliph and for Islam, it was mostly adventurers who wanted to create their own little kingdoms, preferably outside the Caliph's influence. Trade and the riches of the Hindu temples were also a huge factor in Arabs migrating there.

And by the time the Mughals got there, there had been a Muslim presence in India for centuries, it was nothing new to have a Muslim monarch for a majority Hindu population, there were even situations where the opposite happened and everyone got along fine.
>>
>>1225520
>how did the Mughal Empire work since you essentially have Hindu majority being ruled by Muslims

read more about the guy on your pic op. religious freedom was one thing.
>>
>>1225524
Those numbers are exaggerated.
>>
>>1225524
Reminder Arab *medieval* sources aren't verified.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.