[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Jim Jones order the mass suicide? Did he finally snap,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: jim_jones_006b.jpg (35 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
jim_jones_006b.jpg
35 KB, 720x960
Why did Jim Jones order the mass suicide? Did he finally snap, or did he realize that many more reporters would come to visit Jonestown and that eventually he would be arrested?
>>
>>1225207
It's because he could, and he did it. He had the power to fuck people over and he did it.
Fuck Jim Jones, literally Anabaptist of Muenster tier of bullshit.
>>
>>1225218
did you know Harvey Milk supported him, and literally wrote a letter to Jimmy Carter in 1977 trying to convince him that Jones was innocent? What a fucking idiot
>>
>>1225230
No shit.
>he threw a fucking bible and told the congregation (read:Niggers) that the book was nothing but words
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3KMP1briXM
http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=29081
this is honestly the craziest shit of all time. This literally sounds like the plot to a movie. It absolutely blows my mind that something like this actually happened
>>
>>1225207
Because they sent him in chains to Botany Bay
>>
>>1225207
They killed a fucking senator, man. The jig was up. The troops were coming.
>>
>>1225292
But they had already planned the suicide well in advance
>>
>>1225292
They killing the senator was the catalyst.
>>
>>1225292
Why did they kill the senator? Just to be dicks or was he/she threatening them?
>>
>>1225324
He was snooping around.
>>
>>1225324
He came to investigate reports of abuse at Jonestown. They knew that if his visit would just be the first of many government officials who would eventually find proof of the abuse. Jones claims to not have ordered the murder, he says that Larry Layton acted independently
>>
>>1225292

Killed congressman Leo Ryan. Wasn't a senator
>>
>>1225207
All this shit's on tape. "Guyana, Cult of the Damned".
>>
This is a good pbs documentary.
https://youtu.be/3HTtLHgU9tY

History channel made a really good one a few years ago about the last days there. Can't find it tho
>>
>>1225343
I stand corrected. Reading the man's bio, it jumped out that Dan Quayle was going to go with him, but couldn't.
>>
How much of the suicides were actually murders?
>>
>>1225391
There were a lot of people who were shot, Jim Jones being one of them.
>>
>>1225393
Jim Jones was supposed to be a suicide though
>>
>>1225415
Ironic he didn't drink his own kool-aid?
>>
>>1225420
Cyanide isn't painless, it actually fucks you up for a long time before you die. He was probably just being a pussy
>>
>>1225415
Nah, he probably got killed by a pissed off guard.
>>
Did anyone actaully survive or were they all murdered/commit suicide?
>>
>>1225563
Some did survive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHRESPjBxg
>>
File: 3587365428470942.jpg (19 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
3587365428470942.jpg
19 KB, 450x450
>that audio
Jesus fug the atmosphere of inevitability just gets to me.
>>
>>1225576
>I'll fuck you in the ass if you want
>n-n-no
>well, if you ever want that, that's ok. just let me know and we'll do that

>jim said we were all homosexuals
>he was the only heterosexual on the planet

Wow. That level of projection.
>>
>>1229697
Jim was a faggot.
>>
>>1225324
A bunch of people had passed notes to Ryan's delegation saying they were being held against their will and they wanted out.

He was going to take them with him back to America.
>>
>>1225359
You know Dan Quayle would've ended up drinking the Kool-Aid by accident
>>
The crazy part is Leo Ryan told him he was going give a good report back to the government. But by then he was a paranoid lunatic strung out on pain pills 24/7 so why expect any logic from his actions?

>>1225230
Milk didn't like or trust him on a personal level but he certainly did what he could to gain political favor with him because Jones was a huge deal in San Francisco politics and Harvey Milk was an ultra-ambitious asshole.

Dianne Feinstein also had a good political relationship with him too.

>>1225267
If you haven't watched it, Jonestown: The Life and Death of the People's Temple is fucking great. IIRC there's no narration or anything, everything is presented through video and interviews as is.
>>
>>1225391
The most fucked up thing is the parents who were shooting syringes of the poison into their kids' mouths. I honestly have a hard time looking at images of Jonestown, even ones taken before the suicide. It's one of the most fucked up things in American history and everything is just way too haunting and creepy to look at.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.