[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst president of all time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: images-13.jpg (18 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
images-13.jpg
18 KB, 300x367
Worst president of all time
>>
>>1223223
3rd worst.
>>
>>1223223

Nah.

Reagan led to the repealing of Glass-Stegall, Nixon committed treason to get elected (which made all of his achievements during his presidency amazing because of that alone), and we can't talk about Bush Jr and Obama because of the recency rule.
>>
File: reagan.jpg (1 MB, 2399x3000) Image search: [Google]
reagan.jpg
1 MB, 2399x3000
>Now a second great prohibition would be good
>Totally different from the last one
>>
>>1223223
>

literally his only flaw was his supposed racism and obsession with vietnam (although war is always a lose lose)
>>
>>1223557
>Obama
Literally did nothing great or terrible, calling him one of the worst ever is pretty desperate.
>>
>>1223996
Killed Osama.
>>
>>1224006
Didn't really do anything after 9/11.
>>
>>1224006
Yeah after 9/11 and two retarded wars and thousands of lives lost. Osama was killed after his Magnum Opus
>>
Toss up between Reagan and Jackson.
>>
Wilson
FDR
LBJ
Clinton
>>
I see no Warren G Hardning here.
>>
>>1223223
say what you will about the guy, but when he wanted something, he was going to get it.
>>
>>1224126
>Jackson
Middle of the street, me and you.
>>
File: James_Buchanan.jpg (196 KB, 627x682) Image search: [Google]
James_Buchanan.jpg
196 KB, 627x682
>Secession is illegal!
>Fighting against secession is also illegal!
>>
>>1224006
>>1224030
>>1224078

that's like killing jd salinger after he wrote catcher in the rye
>>
>>1224006
Pretty sure the Navy Seals did that.
>>
>>1223223
Nasser did fuck up Egypt desu
>>
He forged the gulf of token incident and single handedly sent US troops to vietnam, there was no "escalations over several presidents starting from ike" like they teach in US school, there was one ass hole named Lyndon who wanted war so bad he made up attacks them campaigned on live TV for war. He then passed massive non white immigration acts and instigated a new class of permanent welfare receivers

No one on the right or left has any reason to like this guy, his only supporters are petitie bourgeiosie democrats who subconsciously support maintaining the class system with a false positive spin of cultural marxism
>>
>>1227119
>instigated a new class of permanent welfare receivers

Blacks were the underclass before welfare was even given to them.
>>
File: 0270.jpg (28 KB, 300x439) Image search: [Google]
0270.jpg
28 KB, 300x439
>>1223223
Don't you mean, best president of all time?
>>
>>1223972
>Passed the civil rights act.
>accused of racism

>obsession with Vietnam
>didn't even start the war
>>
>>1227095
how? Mubarak was the main offender in fucking up Egypt desu
>>
>>1227177
and the Voting Rights act.
Lot of white Southerners did fucked up things to prevent Blacks from voting.
>>
>>1227177
he supposedly called black people "niggers" behind closed doors alot.

also, I said the war was a loss/loss. he either withdraws troops and south vietnam falls, or stays in and thousands of US troops get killed
>>
>>1227177
He kept it from being passed when he was senate majority leader
Ike was actually interested in integration
The only reason he signed off on it as president is because it would have been political suicide not to
>>
>>1227057
How far immersed right wing rhetoric do you have to be before that argument sounds reasonable?

Damn, receny rule...
>>
>>1223557
Nixon killed Bretton Woods system, forever putting us on the petro dollar, which has lead to pretty much everything that has gone wrong since.
>>
>>1223223
i reaaaaally hate jimmy carter
>>
LBJ, 2bh
>>
>>1227123
I'm talking about single mothers and projects, blacks are now an underclass without fathers
>>
>>1227212
Ironic that LBJ himself was a white southerner.

>>1227219
How does using that word make him racist?

Also sounds like he was given a shitty situation and did his best, how can we blame that on him? Who knows if anyone else would have done better?

>>1227241
He was a lifelong sympathizer with poor minorities. What did he vote against as majority leader? Interested doesn't mean shit if you can't deliver. You act like he begrudgingly let it pass, in reality he was a fervent supporter. The movie Selma was not historically accurate, he wasn't the villain in that scenario IRL.
>>
>>1227286
fuck off back to your people's history of the united states middle class neo-leftist, LBJ was an imperialist, racist, and capitalist
>>
>>1223996
NDAA 2012 and TPP?
>>
>>1227275
>projects didn't exist until the 60s

what the fuck
>>
>>1227303
You've been nitpicking me twice now, you want to say your actual criticism with my original post or just continue to beat around the bush?
>>
>>1223996
lel, any other country with a president like that would do but this is the fucking US man...besides ObamaCare is terrible and he destroyed the lives of thousends of americans by cutting off their wellfare, to take beter care of poorer people... driving people poorer to help them when they are poorer isnt a good strategy.
>>
>>1223223

>Jimmy carter
>Obama
>James Buchanan
>Herbert Hoover
>John Tyler
>Warren G. Harding
All of them were worse...

and yeah, Johnson was bad, but I think mainly because he lied to the people about vietnam...
>>
>>1227290
Do you know who liberated the slaves man?
>>
>>1224006
>>1224030
>>1224078

>Osama did 9/11

Wtf
>>
>>1227362
a progressive?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.