[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one properly define Agnosticism in a context or at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: atheism-agnosticism.png (31 KB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
atheism-agnosticism.png
31 KB, 400x332
How does one properly define Agnosticism in a context or at least in some semblance of order like it could be done with any other religion?

Beside explaining the lack of position, a suspension of judgement until sufficient "proofs" so to say, what could you say? Cite authors on the matter? Like Huxley that defined it more as a method, akin to the scientific method.

Imagine being told to talk about Christianity, you can talk about it from an historical point, a sociological,
anthropological view, talk about the rituals, the relationship with the supernatural, God, Deities, spirits, ecc.

Then compare it to, imagine being told to talk about or even research about agnosticism, it seems rather devoid of content.
>>
if you want gnosis you start from agnosis
>>
>>1222163
Well I guess curiosity is the most humble form of ignorance, like a state of being where one does not take things for granted, still it seems so vague and odd compared to religion.
>>
>>1222147
Gnosticism is not the opposite of agnosticism, gnosticism is a specific religion
>>
>>1222232
But if we intend A-gnostic to be Withouth-Doctrine, in the sense of theological doctrine, it make sense does it not?
>>
What if the theism I beleive in IS Gnostism!
>>
>>1222433
Then you will go to hell
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.