[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PERSIA v. GREECE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
What if the Greeks lost at the battle of Marathon?
>>
less homosex
>>
>>1221629
No Rome and thus no Western Civilization ;^)
>>
>>1221641
But would the newly implemented Persian rule be better off? Or would there be a rebellion later on that would push Persia back?
>>
>>1221646
>But would the newly implemented Persian rule be better off?
Depends on what you mean by "better off". Western Civilization as we know it would not exist anymore and instead would concentrate on the east and I image that Greco-Roman ideas would be implemented on Persia/Middle East than Europe.

>Or would there be a rebellion later on that would push Persia back?
Nope, the Persians would have learned their lesson and put a tighter grip on Greece to prevent another Ionian revolt.
>>
>>1221629

Probably not a whole lot. the force sent wasn't enough to breach the walls of Athens by force if it came down to it, so you'd probably have some sort of tribute given and then them going off.
>>
>>1221641
>No Rome and thus no Western Civilization

>Romans
>better in a technological sense than the Muslims

Really?
>>
>>1221698
>the Muslims
Wow, my fucking bad. You know what I mean.
>>
>>1221701
Damn dude you're kind of racist
>>
>>1221629
That looks so comfy.
>>
No islam
>>
>>1221986
>Muslim
>is a race
>>
>>1221641
Meme

Persian subjects lived in relative freedom, odds are philosophies would've still flourishes, if not evolving more alongside eastern ideas

However, I highly doubt the city-states would even stay under control for more than 50 yrs, they were uppity cunts
>>
>>1222896
This is historically proven to be false. It is misinformation and fantasy on your part.

As soon as the Ionian coast came under Persian rule, it ceased to be relevant in all fields. No significant sculptural or pottery styles sprung forth from it. No competitive temples. No philosophical breakthroughs or significant leaps in literature.

There is a reason that Athens took the centre stage, and it is because the coastal cities of Anatolia were stifled under Persian dominion.
>>
>>1221986
Persians weren't Muslims. That's what I mean, not when I am referencing anyway.
>>
>>1221641

Rome was settled 300 years before the battle of Marathon
>>
>>1223067
Rome was shaped by Greek civilization. Their idols? Greek. Their gods? Greek. Their school material? No joke, The Iliad. First Latin Epic Poem? Latin version of the Odyssey. Who helped craft the Roman Republic constitution (in myth)? Solon of Athens and Lycurgus of Sparta.

Cato the Elder was the sole reason Rome didn't become a Hellenic city.
>>
>>1223067
Why can't we have awesome myths like this about the cities we live in.

Then
>Romulus and Remus son of the gods raised by a wolf founded the city of Rome

Now
>Let's get a civil contractor to do the earth works and I will source out the civil planning
>okay, John.
>>
Food for thought:

Greek philosophy, literature, math, religion and architecture flourished under Roman rule while it was pretty much stopped in its tracks by the Persians.
>>
>>1223095
My city was founded by prostitutes

That is at LEAST 10 times mathematically cooler than Rome
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.