[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /his/ Do any of you think that the Black/Afro-American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 220x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 220x324
Hello /his/

Do any of you think that the Black/Afro-American community will have another Harlem Renaissance?

Will black people like pic related resurface?

Or is its current state beyond repair and are we stuck with criminals/rappers?
>>
>>1221497
1. Don't romanticize the Harlem "Renaissance" it was not as great as white historians like the make it
2. The perspective of black people making music/books/films for black people devoid of the White gaze is a beautiful thing. You don't have to get it because its not for you to get; that includes most hip hop.
>>
>>1221497
>criminals/rappers
That's just their culture.
>>
>>1221572
Im not romanticizing it as much as i am just wanting the black community(mine) to atleast produce something of note.
>>
>>1221760
It does.
It's just mostly ignored or noticed because guess what they mostly don't care.
>>
File: lbj on niggers.jpg (65 KB, 592x738) Image search: [Google]
lbj on niggers.jpg
65 KB, 592x738
>>1221497
Not after at least 155 years from now.
>>
File: 1460116660233.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1460116660233.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>1221572
>trying to be mysterious n shit
>>
>>1222022
He has never said that at all
>>
>>1222033
>>1221760
You clearly have never done more than a cursory reading of the Harlem Renaissance
>>
You're living through it.
>>
>>1222153
Doesn't change that it's exactly what the democrats are doing
>>
>>1222409
>Helping people is actually holding them back!
>Democrats are the real raycists we was Lincoln an' sheit!

This meme will never die will it?
>>
>>1222487
Will never die because is the truth.
>>
>>1222504
So refusing to give Blacks the same things as whites is a bad thing.
Let alone the fact you ignored the much more bigger shit that damaged the Black American community.
>>
>>1222236
So tell me the real story please.
>>
>>1222606
What? Thug culture and irresponsibility caused by gibsmedat?
>>
>>1222606
>>1222504
>>1222487
When you attach conditional shit to it, yes, it is a bad thing. Even Milton Friedman felt it was a better idea just to fork over and expect people to act in their own self interest.

It's a bad thing because our legal system has enabled an environment to exist where communities that need welfare are often full of broken homes. Because of 3 strike laws, petty criminals are removed from their families. While they are serving an arbitrary sentence, the families they belong to now have one less able bodied adult to earn money. Which means they are more likely to need Welfare.

But remember, American welfare has conditions attached. And a household with a single parent has a diminished ability to meet the conditions necessary. The problem is that in the interrum in which a case worker is assigned to assess each individual case, the family is still suffering poverty. And that in having to work to meet the criterium of welfare, a persons ability to act in their own interest is stifled if the two needs should ever come into conflict.

This is why American welfare is bad. It is structurally unsound and pays no respect to the environment that our strict criminal justice system has fostered.
>>
>>1221497
A few things:

>Afro-American
they're hardly African anymore, can we please just call them Black People?

>Will people like picrelated resurface
It's hard to tell at this point.

>Or is its current state beyond repair and are we stuck with criminals/rappers
In every group of people, there will always be criminals. As for rappers, that's a music fad which will die fairly soon, as music pushes forward into the future. Other than that, it's hard to say that anything will change from the current state unless some huge Renaissance occurs (hopefully a cultural shift towards more Black People being more disciplined, taking school seriously, and at least trying to build a good career at something that earns good money...)
>>
>>1222793
Really? Are gonna talk like that here?
>>
>>1222759

75% of black Americans are born out of weslock

Putting the fathers into jail does not change that, the family structure is broken from the getgo because of the wellfare culture in the hoods.

And three-strike laws are not in existance in every single state, yet every state with significant black populations have significant crime and wellfare problems
>>
>>1222793
did you just stumble through a homepage image or something?
It's bad enough we have these embarrassing degenerates on every other board.

>>1221497
rap can be pretty bad at times, but it's a sign of the times, not your particular culture/race. Looking on the bright side, the more the merrier when it comes to producing and proliferating art/expression. I wouldn't under-estimate the power of cultural music even if it annoys you sometimes.
>>
Why was the Harlem Renaissance bad?
>>
>>1222736
I meant refusing to give blacks the same services as whites is a good thing?
>>
>>1224808
It's true.
>here
You mean on 4chan?
>>
>>1221497
>Mulatto community
FTFY.
>>
>>1225445
They're only 20% white.
>>
>>1225445
What mulatto community?
>>
>>1222793
Nigga get the fuck out of here this is not the board for you.
>>
>>1225442
You're on /his/ not /b/ or /pol/. Stop being an edgy 15 year old.
>>
>>1225461
Are you saying that we're not allowed to discuss things like crime statistics here?
>>
OP do you see the naive paternalism in the tread? This is why you don't talk about black anything with people who get their facts from /pol/ and sowell
>>
>>1225861
>DONT LEESUN UNCLE TOM SOWEL

Sowell and Charles Barkley know what's up, you dumb ape.
Your ilk should have at least a bit of self-awareness and accountability.
>>
>>1225950
Sowell is a half baked economist.

You people went crazy everytime Cosby pushed respectability politics until it became open that he was a rapist.

Understanding the effects of systemic oppression and economic marginalization is holding this nation accountable. You don't like facts than so be it, that is not my problem.
>>
>>1225961
>systemic oppression and economic marginalization
Sounds like you're hiding behind blackness to cope with failure.
>>
>>1225472
we're saying that we're discussing the historical aspects of the black inequality crisis

no serious historian attributes black problems to race, as it's never a single defining factor for anything
but i guess that doesn't enter inside head of the average stormfag
>>
File: 135888448_640.jpg (22 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
135888448_640.jpg
22 KB, 640x427
>>1225950
>Sowell and Charles Barkley know what's up
>>
>>1225961
>>a black person talking about accountability.
Buddy, if your ethnic group was actually capable of holding itself accountable our inner cities wouldn't be warzones.

>facts
Sure they are. The country bends over backwards to help black people with various social programs and affirmative action hiring policies, racial quotas in universities, etc, and still you claim oppression because why? Some dumb thug gets shot in the face after robbing a convenience store and punching a cop in the face?

Cry me a fucking river, you faggot.
>>
>>1225971
>no serious historian attributes black problems to race
And no serious person thinks that race isn't a factor. No serious person thinks that all races are identical.
>>
>>1225961
>respectability politics
Every time I see this phrase I pity blacks a little more. They actually think that parliamentary order is undesirable within political institutions.
>>
>>1225977
Because ignoring the prison industrial complex and seeing state and federal government's spend more money to house prisoners than students clearly shows the school to prison pipeline does not exist and every issue in black communities isn't related to the post WWII White labor class returning home stripping black workers of employment

Redlining must not exist

Stop the revision
>>
>>1226023
Why is it the state's duty to spend money on students attending private universities? What do you mean, "prison industrial complex?" Could you define it? Or do you just not like the idea that some people are in positions where they profit off of owning land on which criminals are interned?
>the post WWII White labor class returning home stripping black workers of employment
Here's the thing: there are white workers and black workers. There's one working class. There are different races within that class. You don't get to just conflate class and race like that.
>Stop the revision
Coming from a fucking revisionist nigger. Yes, I just called you a nigger. Your kind--the revisionist kind--are actively attempting to destroy Western civilization, and you don't deserve to be called black people. You're a bunch of niggers.
>>
>>1226023
Meanwhile, the poorest, least-educated, meth-addled armpit of white America is still a better place to live than the average black neighborhood.
>>
>>1226023
You know who else lost their jobs after men came home from WWII?
Women.
You know who got back in the workforce?
Women.
You know who didn't?
Your race.
>>
>>1225961
>Sowell is a half baked economist.

Why is that?
>>
>>1226031
In the United States in the 1960's and prior race was a major issue. black labor and white labor was not seen in the same light.

Black veterans were inhibited and did not fully benefit from the GI bill.

The United States has continually done as much as possible to destroy black American advancement, twenty years of lukewarm change hasn't "fixed" anything.

Boohoo you called me a nigger, its lovely to know that brown and black people and liberal white women are finally shifting society. It's lovely to know the United States to come will be unlike the United States of the past.

Keep on with your racism, that'll teach me for sure :^)

>>1226032
Says you maybe but not I.
>>1226055
White women benefitted the most from affirmative action. It's actually been shown, so if anything it only affirms the statement that White people care first and foremost in the continued marginalization of others even in programs meant for them
>>
>>1226079
>In the United States in the 1960's and prior race was a major issue.
It's a major issue today, too.
>The United States has continually done as much as possible to destroy black American advancement, twenty years of lukewarm change hasn't "fixed" anything.
It's done as much as possible to destroy an awful lot of things. It's trying to destroy white America right now.
>its lovely to know that brown and black people and liberal white women are finally shifting society.
My point exactly. You're the active racist here. I'm a reactionary racist. I wasn't a racist until I realized how much your kind hate my kind.
>It's actually been shown,
How about you show it?
Why do you hate white women so much?
>>
>>1226079

>White people care first and foremost..

Never got what you racists try to achieve with his "white people this" and "white people that" rhetoric. It's like you want race to stay as a relevant facor..

Oh shit, you do want it to stay. I forgot. To you it's racist if someone says "i don't care about race"
>>
>>1226122

Oh and as for

>liberal white women are finally shifting society.

You do realize Clinton is a confirmed racist who is just pandering to the black community to get votes? She's a hawk and cares only about that what will benefit her and make money. She isn't a liberal except on the outside. She got caught actively supporting destabilizing the MENA ffs
>>
>>1221497
The entire western culture is beyond repair. Nothing of note will come out during our time period that will be long remembered except commentary on our own decline.
>>
>>1226106
I'm not racist, I actively dislike the systemic oppression of non-white peoples. I never stated any hatred towards White women, no need to project.

It's been shown, I'm not your personal search engine. Basic google searches
>>1226122
Race is relevant, pretending that it isn't and not taking about racial disparity is passive racism.
>>
>>1226222
>I never stated any hatred towards White women, no need to project.
You did express glee at the prospect of a world where white men are deprived of their property and a culture created by white men is replaced with one shat out by minorities. The propositon
>I actively dislike the systemic oppression of non-white peoples
implies that you don't care about the systematic oppression of white people, i.e. you're a racist. You single out one race as not being worthy of your care, as being worthy of targeting for extermination, racial violence (physical or economic) or the elimination of the institutions that maintain the way of life associated with what you call 'whiteness.'
>It's been shown, I'm not your personal search engine
Read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>1226149
Your are right about Clinton. She's supported every single measure that has hurt blacks and I mean every. single. one.
>>
>>1226257
There is not systemic oppression of White people, there is not no economic or social marginalization that has created vast inequity for the white populace at large. It seems to me that your victim complex comes not from any reality but rather you simply think saying the reverse of what I've said is valid at all.

White men didn't build this nation on their own, this new America will reflect the actual work done by all American people's.

Do you think considering and valuing non white men equally is discrimiantion? That in and of itself is quite racist actually you find their labor and works less than.
>>
>>1226078
Because he makes up shit in histroy to jsutify his viewpoints despite it being flims as fuck.

Criticizes the ivory tower despite working at a think tank which is an ivory tower in itself.
>>
>>1226288
What new America?
>>
>>1226305
I'm talking about the societal shifts that slowly has altered the path of the United States for the past century. Not like a race war.
>>
>>1226288
>There is not systemic oppression of White people
There isn't much systematic oppression of black people. It's pretty much been eliminated. Anyway, are you denying that capitalism is a system that oppresses and alienates everyone involved in it? I'm honestly confused about why you think being white means you aren't oppressed by any system.
>White men didn't build this nation on their own, this new America will reflect the actual work done by all American people's.
What "new America?" Are you literally telling me that you have a revolutionary agenda involving the destruction of the old America? Do you seriously think that it's unreasonable for people who care about their nation and its history to oppose your violent agenda?
>Do you think considering and valuing non white men equally is discrimiantion?
No, I don't think I've said that I do. I think it's an unrealizable and vague idea. I believe in equality before the law, but you probably think that law and order is a privileged white social construct because a bunch of your uneducated gangbanger cousins got thrown in prison one time.
>your victim complex comes not from any reality but rather you simply think saying the reverse of what I've said is valid at all.
You aren't in any position to psychoanalyze you. Aside from that, my psychological condition has no bearing on the validity of my arguments, since validity is a function of argument form. You have a bigger victim complex than I do, being a black man who denies the existence of systems which oppress white people while claiming that white men are responsible for all of his race's problems.
>>1226291
Academia is "the ivory tower." Think tanks aren't academia.
>>
>>1226316
>Not like a race war.
How do you plan to avoid a race war? You're literally advocating a cultural revolution targeting the products of white male labor. You claim that non-whites played an important role in making America and that the new one will reflect this. I've never heard anyone deny that black people were important in the development of this country, though. You seem to be attacking strawmen to promote violent revolution. Maybe you're too stupid to realize what you're doing. Maybe you're lying through your teeth. Either way, I hope you're trolling.
>>
>>1226329
>to psychoanalyze you
to psychoanalyze me*
>>
>>1226347
Race wars won't occur, spergs like that boy who attacked the church that warmly welcomed him will pop up but that'll only call for more peace and will only help the Cause to better reflect the demographic of America.
>>1226329
Systemic oppression still occurs through loopholes and shady business practices. You can claim all you want that oppression is a thing of the past but there is much of it still and it's actively being fought.

>assuming I am only black
>assuming I'm a man

Understanding the stacked deck against nonwhite people is not victimization.
>>
>>1226381
>spergs like that boy who attacked the church
Do you think only white people are capable of racial aggression?
>Systemic oppression still occurs through loopholes and shady business practices
What the fuck is this bullshit? You seriously think these things don't happen to white people?
>only black
I don't give a fuck how much non-black blood you have in you, it's clear that you identify with the black community.
>assuming I'm a man
Even fucking worse.
>Understanding the stacked deck against nonwhite people is not victimization.
I didn't say it was. I just said you had a victim complex. Understanding that a lot of black people dislike white people and their culture isn't victimization, either.
>>
>>1226381
>Systemic oppression still occurs through loopholes and shady business practices.
No it doesn't.
>>
>>1225998
>>>/pol/
get the fuck out you imbecile
>>
>>1226409
That doesn't look anything like an argument.
>>
>>1226409
Thats right, just redirect anything that hurst your feelings to /pol/.
This place is a safespace after all.
>>
>>1226432
Am i attempting to argue with you? No.
>>1226432
>>1226435
Again, no one here cares about what you have to say. Go to /pol/ where someone might entertain your thoughts.
>>
File: 1448898791399.png (354 KB, 725x684) Image search: [Google]
1448898791399.png
354 KB, 725x684
>>1226450
>>
>>1226450
>No.
And neither has any other #BLM faggot or tranny I've encountered in the past 4 years. You just whine about oppression and act like that legitimates everything that pours out of your loud mouths. Fuck all of you people.
>no one here cares about what you have to say.
On the contrary, you're arguing with three people who agree with each other.
>>
>>1226459
>And neither has any other #BLM faggot or tranny I've encountered in the past 4 years. You just whine about oppression and act like that legitimates everything that pours out of your loud mouths. Fuck all of you people.
>Never even said i agreed with BLM. Never whined about oppression.
Your /pol/ is showing.
>>
>>1226474
That still isn't an argument, and I honestly don't care if you think I'm a racist, a fascist, a Neo-Nazi, whatever.
>>
>>1226495
>I honestly don't care if you think I'm a racist, a fascist, a Neo-Nazi, whatever.
I do.
>>
File: 1454307122840.jpg (396 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
1454307122840.jpg
396 KB, 700x450
>>1226502
MAGA
>>
>>1226502
Congratulations.
>>
>>1226474
>Never whined about oppression.
You complained about systematic racism. How, in your head, is that not whining about oppression?
>>
>>1226329

Think Tanks are huge massive circle jerk much more then Acadamiamy friend.
Acadamia they have standards and rigor in most cases. Partisan and Policymaker Think Tanks you just sell your services to some guy that supports his viewpoint and aligns with yours.
>>
>>1226775
>Think Tanks are huge massive circle jerk much more then Acadamiamy friend.
The difference is that think tanks have more potential to directly influence policy.
>Partisan and Policymaker Think Tanks you just sell your services to some guy that supports his viewpoint and aligns with yours.
Which is more respectable than finding a niche in academia.
>>
>>1226023
Please, most of the blacks in prison long term are in there for serious violent felonies, and typically they're repeat offenders too. Plenty of people in this country are poor and plenty of those poor cheat the government in some way, or engage in some form of illicit trade to support themselves, but it's the blacks who have raised shooting each other in the face over drug money to a fucking national sport.
>>
>>1227324
This is true but what about blacks who get sentenced more time than a white or hispanic for doing the same crime? Probably the only example of inequality.
>>
>>1227324
Most black prisoners are in there for non-violent drug offenses, they are also coming out less likely to find employment leading to repeat offenses and even the shift into gang related violence or theft.

We know blacks are disproportionately targeted for drug offenses even though we know white Americans have higher rates of drug usage. As >>1227763
stated they have longer sentences.

The differences of poor rural White Appalachians and poor inner city Black populations is mainly related to the economic opportunities surrounding drug dealing and thus gang involvements and violence.

I'd also like to mention before the legality was checked out where I am from entire towns relied of weed. The emerald triangle (a mostly white and some Latino region) was filled with weed farms and police knew it, they weren't being arrested because the police and growers and distributors actively sought mutual benefit. The "gangs" we're then local politicians, police, growers and businesses that relied on weed revenue, something that doesn't necessarily exists in the hood.

The drug related arrest rates of blacks is artificial just as they are for whites but the context surrounding both explains the differences.
>>
>>1227799
>Most black prisoners are in there for non-violent drug offenses
Yeah no, not for long term convicts anyway, if there are any such people doing 5 or 10 year stints in the prison system it's almost always because of either a violent felony or a violent felony that was pleaded down to a lesser charge.

>>The differences of poor rural White Appalachians and poor inner city Black populations is mainly related to the economic opportunities surrounding drug dealing and thus gang involvements and violence.

No faggot, the actual difference is the blacks are hilariously, murderously, violent and the whites simply aren't.
>>
>>1227837
You mean "predominantly black populations produce proportionally more violent criminals than predominantly white populations.
>>
>>1227868
Using different words doesn't make blacks less violent
>>
>>1221497
Not a /his/ thread.
>>
>>1227837

>if there are any such people doing 5 or 10 year stints in the prison system it's almost always because of either a violent felony or a violent felony that was pleaded down to a lesser charge.

Hi. I spent 8 years in state prison on drug charges. This is true NOW, but not like 10-60 years ago. 10-60 years ago every black person and their mother was getting 5 to life for drug possession.

Haven't been lurking though. Just saw your comment. Don't really give a shit one way or another. But most cats that talk about black people you do won't ever have the nuts to tell them any of this shit in person. I on the other hand would call a black person a nigger to his face if he was acting like a nigger when I was inside. Black don't fuck with spics. Especially ones that other blacks respect.
>>
>>1227324
Man just look at the way black people who were caught with crack were sentenced I comparison to white people caught with powdered cocaine. That shit is painfully obvious. I hate the All Sharptons and BLM moments but to deny the obvious differences in sentencing is just dumb.

There's a reason non violent drug offenders are being released 20 years earlier than they were scheduled too like once a month.
>>
>>1227953
>This is true NOW, but not like 10-60 years ago.
Well that's fucking great man but I wasn't talking about 10 or 60 years ago.

>>But most cats that talk about black people you do won't ever have the nuts to tell them any of this shit in person.

I wouldn't know either way, as I don't live around ghetto thugs and the only black people I meet are reasonably courteous and well behaved.
>>
>>1227970
>I hate the All Sharptons and BLM moments but to deny the obvious differences in sentencing is just dumb.
All drug offenses should have the same sentences, then? Why do you act like the only difference is race? Crack cocaine is manufactured locally, powdered cocaine is shipped in from Latin America. They're very different supply chains and production methods. If you arrest a crackhead in an American ghetto, you're more likely to find the guy that cooked his crack in that same ghetto than you are to find the guy that produced a Wall Street businessman's cocaine.
We can look at class differences, too, if we're comparing arrests and sentences for crack and powdered cocaine. You say 'white,' you don't say 'wealthy.' Cocaine is a money-sink, I've heard from many people that powdered cocaine kills you by bleeding your wallet dry more often than it does by shutting down your body. It's abused primarily by the well-to-do; there's a reason it's associated with the Wall Street of the 80's, while crack is associated with poverty and ghettos.
Your racial reductionism is indefensible, desu senpai. baka.
>>
>>1227763
Repeat offenders and mandatory minimums. If Jakwon gets busted for PIS marijuana and has a felony theft and a felony cocaine possession charge on his sheet already, he's going to get hit with a mandatory 10 years while a pasty white kid named Albert who got arrested for the same thing but has no priors gets six months of probation and 50 hours community service.

Controlling for priors, whites and blacks get virtually identical sentences.
>>
>>1228221
>the only black people I meet are reasonably courteous and well behaved.
You need to get out more. My high school was about 25% black, there were maybe 4 or 5 black kids in my time there who weren't obnoxious, self-centered, quasi-illiterate shitheads who were only good at basketball.
>>
>>1221497
Toni Morrison is still alive you retard.

If you're were /pol/tarded and a stormweenie in the 20s-40s, you would have hated the Harlem Renaissance too for using too much "Jazz." Just stick your head back in the sand, go back to /pol/ and give up.
>>
>>1228357
I went to an all white high school. You just described all the white kids.
>>
>>1228393
I mean, maybe, but that isn't an argument. I bet many of your teachers would say that some of their students were, in fact, capable of reading and were good at baseball or some other sport.
>>
File: 1460606479578.jpg (36 KB, 456x337) Image search: [Google]
1460606479578.jpg
36 KB, 456x337
>>1228393
>I went to an all white high school
Racist and sexist much?
>>
>>1221497
As long as getting an education is seen as a "white" thing to do, no.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.