[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just aced my master's thesis on the spookbuster. AMA.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 250px-Spookbuster.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Spookbuster.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
Just aced my master's thesis on the spookbuster. AMA.
>>
>grades
>school

Two massive spooks there my property
>>
How's your employment prospects?
>>
>>1221003
Employment is a spook, right OP?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!!!
>>
>>1220967
If i have an idea of some sort of future self and it effects the way i act in the present am i spooked? it seems like my own cause because the idea is me future, but its not actually the me that exists now.
>>
File: tumblr_ntwrnaYopH1uautcro1_400.jpg (52 KB, 318x380) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntwrnaYopH1uautcro1_400.jpg
52 KB, 318x380
>>1220967
>>
>>1220988
>>1221009
Grades, school, employement: none of these are spooks.

>>1221003
I'm starting as an assistant editor of a local magazine in August. I'm unsure about where I'll end up eventually.
>>
File: 1463170117109.jpg (642 KB, 2138x2148) Image search: [Google]
1463170117109.jpg
642 KB, 2138x2148
Let's name a few broad spooks that can be put to use by teaching unaware spook targets and why it needs to be identified.

>currency
It literally only has meaning because someone tells you it has meaning.
>>
>>1221055
Bullshit, those are all spooks.
>>
>>1220967
what does it feel like to have a masters degree in memes
>>
>>1221055
>Grades, school, employement: none of these are spooks.

So you believe that your life and your property should be based on what is quite literally other people's opinions? Or have you suddenly discovered employers and teachers who base their judgments of merit on something that cannot be subjective?
>>
What's your opinion on Marx's Die Deutsche Ideologie?
>>
>>1220967

Why are you so fat?
>>
File: stirner4.png (92 KB, 800x509) Image search: [Google]
stirner4.png
92 KB, 800x509
>>1220967
Let's see it.
>>
>>1220967
The ego is a linguistic reification. Stirner sneaks in his Cartesian subject here. The distinction between ego and non-ego has always already been deconstructed.

It's a metalepsis Stirner is not strong enough to overcome, like Zen and Heidegger have.

There's a reason on 4chan retards read Stirner.
>>
>>1221091
>>1221073
They are only spooks if they stop you from doing what you want.
>>
>>1221365
you're a metalepsis
>>
>>1220967
that grade was a spook, you wrote a thesis on a meme man

good job, random people on the internet will be variably proud or disappointed in you.
>>
File: 1455840508268.jpg (67 KB, 552x687) Image search: [Google]
1455840508268.jpg
67 KB, 552x687
>>1220967
Spookbusta my ass. It's a facebook trier teenage riot philosophy that literally no one with any philosophical background takes seriously
>>
>>1221365
But it's not. He never attempts to define the ego. He just asserts that it is something that does indeed exist, and it obviously does. There's a very distinct line between self and not self, and it ends at the terminus of your body; you're quite literally trapped behind your senses, so while you can never fully understand or articulate yourself, you do indeed know it exists.
>>
>>1221907
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsoVgc5rGs

This fellow does.
>>
>>1221914
Aaa yes americans, I forgot about them
>>
>>1221938
Oh wow, where did those goalposts go? I could have swore they were right there.

He's not favoured in philosophy because he's an obscure philosopher with a small body of work that largely got eclipsed (in my opinion, unfairly) by Nietzsche, not because he's a bad philosopher.
>>
File: stirner0.jpg (8 KB, 145x177) Image search: [Google]
stirner0.jpg
8 KB, 145x177
>>1220967
Can you discuss what the relationship between a spook and a fixed idea is?

Is a spook only a social construct or is it any social construct that we hold a sacred or above ourselves?

Is it correct to say that Stirner makes no arguments only observations?
>>
>>1221045
put the Finn in the bin
>>
>>1221945
didnt Stirner just wrote his stuff in order to troll Marx?
>>
>>1221952
No. He wrote it to demolish Marx's idealist predecessors (namely Bruno Bauer and Ludwig Feuerbach), which he did rather handily.

What's funny about Marx's hate for the man is that his brand of philosophy is largely untouched by Stirner, as Marx focused on a material dialectical conflict as the driving force behind his communism rather than some sort of idealistic moral ought, which makes it easy to justify egoistically.
>>
>>1221945
He's obscure precisely because he so irrevelant. Nothing worth of notice. Just a angry teenage version of petty bourgeois philosophy: muh me, muh mine, muh property, muh more more more. Nietzsche is a completly different league. Do you realy think that radical "modern" (post 1900) philosophers didn't know about him?
>>
>>1221963
One could also argue that stirner's use of the heigelian dialectic is to highlight that it makes anything sound good. Even communism.
>>
>>1221990
oh you're a marxist.

no wonder you seem so butthurt
>>
File: stirner11.jpg (171 KB, 610x611) Image search: [Google]
stirner11.jpg
171 KB, 610x611
>>1222018
Commies love Stirner if /leftypol/ is to be believed.
>>
>>1221990
Nietzsche covers a lot more ground and derives rather different conclusions. I'd agree that he's in a different league, but part of his success is the fact the he trashes so many systems in so many aspects of life, whereas Stirner trashes a bunch of systems in a much smaller area of life.

As for Stirner's relevance, that's a matter of what you view as relevance. He certainly wasn't widely discussed or influential, but that wasn't indicative of him being a bad philosopher. What he covers, he covers in an absolutely rock-solid fashion.

>petty bourgeois philosophy

He was highly influential to Marx's thinking and encouraged him to give up idealism. The two are not even remotely incompatible.

Frankly, you do sound positively asshurt.
>>
>>1222012
Oh yes, his use of dialectic was definitely in parody of Hegel. Though one could argue that even Hegel's use of this dialectic (which preceded him) was used for a similar purpose.

Stirner doesn't really touch much on Hegel himself however, he focuses mostly on utterly destroying his ideological children.
>>
>>1221913
Linguistic reifications abound. You're so spooked. Dig that implicit defense of Cartesianism.

You're stupid.
>>
> le willy-nilly-do-what-I-want-Cartesian-man
>>
>>1222142
Nice argument. Demonstrate a reason to believe the self doesn't exist.

>spooked

Oh my fucking God. Why do imbeciles keep doing this as though they're being insightful? You can't place yourself ahead of yourself.
>>
>>1222142
Also how is that a defense of Cartesianism? I propose no distinction between mind and body.
>>
>>1221948
Bumping for an answer on this
>>
File: 931.jpg (61 KB, 680x490) Image search: [Google]
931.jpg
61 KB, 680x490
>>1221907

>implying you have any background in philosophy

Pic related, it's you
>>
>>1221394
An institution is still a ghost of a thing regardless of how beneficial it is. But you should be considerate of whether or not they're serving your interest either way.
>>
>>1223105
Milo is pretty based though
>>
File: images (13).jpg (7 KB, 188x200) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
7 KB, 188x200
>>1221990
"Ach," he said, "I was very disappointed in Klinger. He was a philistine, I feel no affinity with him; but Stirner, yes, with him!" And a solemn expression passed over his face. While I was watching his features intently, his expression changed again, and he made something like a gesture of dismissal or defense: "Now I've told you, and I did not want to mention it at all. Forget it. They will be talking about plagiarism, but you will not do that, I know."
Nietzsche plagiarized Stirner. He even he admited to his friends that if he ever mention Stirner they would acusse him of plagiarism. Deal with it. Stirner was one of the most relevant philosophers in the XIX century.
>>
>>1221948
No, it's not just any social construct. It's the latter. He basically says to use ideas as tools to your own benefit.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last statement. I'd say he makes arguments against the substance of common constructs.
>>
>>1223126
>"Ach," he said, "I was very disappointed in Klinger. He was a philistine, I feel no affinity with him; but Stirner, yes, with him!" And a solemn expression passed over his face. While I was watching his features intently, his expression changed again, and he made something like a gesture of dismissal or defense: "Now I've told you, and I did not want to mention it at all. Forget it. They will be talking about plagiarism, but you will not do that, I know."

What's that from?
>>
>>1222029
Stirner aint got no love for property like that. Commies get nothing, which is fine. They're used to it.
>>
>>1221990
Oh right. A philosopher's relevancy rests solely on their measurable talent for philosophy. I must have forgotten.
>>
>>1223151
Thomas H. Brobjer, "Philologica: A Possible Solution to the Stirner-Nietzsche Question", in The Journal of Nietzsche Studies, Issue 25, Spring 2003, pp. 109–114
The quote was from Franz Overbeck's wife ,and we know that Nietzsche lived with them,and that they owned the unique and its own
>>
>>1222142
>>1221365
>literallal parrot that tries to appear smart
>Linguistic reifications abound. You're so spooked. Dig that implicit defense of Cartesianism.

lmao
>>
>>1220967
when did you realize he was a troll and gave nothing but philosophical dead ends?
>>
File: 1464475396361.png (473 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1464475396361.png
473 KB, 600x800
>>1223147
Thanks, where do you see the line being between a fixed idea and a spook?

Would you say the idea of reification accuratley covers what a spook is?

What sources or secondary materials did you use regarding him other than the Ego and its Own?
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25 KB, 323x454
>Humanities master's degrees
>>
I don't have a question, just wanted to congratulate you.
>>
>>1222161
Define 'exist'
>>
>>1223854
>Thanks, where do you see the line being between a fixed idea and a spook?

When you try to serve the ideal, rather than have the ideal serve you. So for instance, you could use stoic ideals to better yourself (whatever "better" means to you) and deal with your life, but trying to be a stoic for the sake of being a stoic would be where it becomes a spook.

>Would you say the idea of reification accuratley covers what a spook is?

>What sources or secondary materials did you use regarding him other than the Ego and its Own?

The Stanford online encyclopedia article about him is very good, and I've read excerpts of Stirner's Critics.
>>
>>1224768
I don't play the philosophical why game.
>>
>>1220967
What's a spook.
>>
>>1221990
>Ranking philosophers based upon the width of their scope rather than the actual conclusions they come to

>>1223105
>blacked dot com
I sincerely enjoyed this meme

>>1223126
>Nietzsche plagiarized Stirner. He even he admited to his friends that if he ever mention Stirner they would acusse him of plagiarism.
Saying that he took enough influence to be accused of plagiarism isn't the same as admitting to plagiarism.
>>
>>1220967
What is the best criticism against Stirner?

What evidence does he bring for his claims?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.