[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we kill nihilism in the west once and for all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1459219790931.jpg (32 KB, 400x349) Image search: [Google]
1459219790931.jpg
32 KB, 400x349
How do we kill nihilism in the west once and for all?
>>
>>1220831
Nihilism isn't the problem. The problem comes from hedonism, caused by consumerism and global degeneracy.
>>
By destroying the root cause of it: Christianity and the belief that life has a pre-ordained divine purpose

Nihilism is nothing more than the "withdrawal symptoms" of a society that was introduced to Christianity and then has it slowly tapered off
>>
Define 'nihilism'
>>
>>1220831
You can't kill the truth.
>>
lmbo you silly papist
>>
>>1220831
By killing all the nihilists
>>
>>1220865

Nihilism refers to any philosophy I personally happen to disagree with.
>>
"a person who doesn't share my values" = "a person who doesn't have any values" = nihilist
>>
>>1220831
Get free prostitutes for everyone and make weed legal
>>
>>1220831
Nihilism isn't so much a problem. I think it is more that people today lack any zeal or spirit, and are not as willing to sacrifice themselves to a greater good.

And I am not by any means any more sacrifical to a greater good.
>>
Await a strong powerful leader to rally my people to defend their innate rights against scheming evil outsiders and others.
>>
>>1220831
why should we
>>
>>1220831
Watch as they kill themselves en masse
>>
File: pearl.jam.dotheevolution.o08[1].png (148 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
pearl.jam.dotheevolution.o08[1].png
148 KB, 400x200
>>1221038
this is turning "societies" in a bunch of individuals living together in the same area, but it also has his pros
war in modern countries would be very hard to enforce and encourage because no one wants to leave his comfy home or go to a place with no gadgets, internet & fast food

it's the evolution, whether we like it or not
>>
>>1220831
we dont

the death of god marks the slow descent of the west towards its decay, through a long, long winter
western culture blossomed, expressed itself fully, and now has nothing more to present than constant repetitions of previous symbols and ideas, ultimately shallow expressions of previous cultural dynamics
the fundamental realities of the post-modern condition arent going anywhere anytime soon. meaning is nowhere to be found, and the path towards genuinely and consciously refusing nihilism for a temporal meaning is still a long way away

but its okay anon.
embrace the flow of time. embrace the coming Empire
its structure is already clearly apparent
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.