[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did men create god?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 37278[1].jpg_w=640.jpg (80 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
37278[1].jpg_w=640.jpg
80 KB, 640x360
Did men create god?
>>
Isn't 500 threads a day enough for you people?

Literally no one on this board that is either an atheist or a theist has had their opinion changed here.
>>
Can a god laugh himself to death?
>>
>>1218601
i converted to sunni islam in 2015 because of this board
>>
>>1218586
no

/thread
>>
>>1218586
Yes. It couldn't be more obvious. He's basically a human.
>>
>>1218586
there is no way to prove it one way or another so why fuss over it ?
>>
>>1218586

Men created all gods except the one I worship. That one us real obv.
>>
File: 1453355136958.jpg (12 KB, 259x365) Image search: [Google]
1453355136958.jpg
12 KB, 259x365
>>1218656
I hope you die just for joking about that.
>>
>>1218656
Wow, the influence of the board is even worse than I thought, then.
>>
>>1218886
Because we can still talk about what's more likely.
>>
>>1218586
Yes.
Let's talk about the non-obvious now.
>>
>>1218601
I converted to Catholicism this week partly because this board got me interested in it, and I read up on it and now I'm Catholic
>>
>>1218656
whoa, those two months must have been hard for you
>>
>>1220170
I'm curious what you read about it that convinced you?
>>
>>1218586
On the first day
>>
>>1218586
God created man who then created their own god as well as realizing God
>>
>>1218586
>Did men create god?
Honestly, what the fuck does it matter?
>>
>>1218601
Simply not true. I've seen it happen.
>>
no
God made men
>>
>>1220170
But that's heresy
>>
>>1221817
>said the fag following >H>R>E tier bullshit
>>
Most likely. God/gods was an easier answer to explain what was unexplainable to early man.
>>
>>1218586
>>1218838

Yahweh reads exactly like the psychological personification of a retributive Jewish tribal power fantasy more than he does an omnipotent creator who is cryptically revealing himself.

I'm going to say 'yes' I think.
>>
God created Man.
Yet man's capacity to conceive of God has changed according to time and place.
>>
Yes, as a way to give order to the chaos they perceived the world to be
>>
>>1218601
I've given serious thought about leaving Islam for good because what I've read here. It's going to be a very tough road ahead but I'd like to think that I'm prepared.
>>
>>1218586
No. The weaker Other created God.

God has and will always be a symbol for that which has the highest power. The moment there was hierarchy in the universe, the lower end of it perceived God, and the higher end became God.

The God that the Abrahamic religions speak of today is the darkness, the void, nothingness. There is no other boundary to life than nothingness; only nothingness sits "outside" of life. In the earlier centuries of humanity, nothingness was fathomed as the origin and the unavoidable destination, where we came from at birth and where we will return to upon death. It was an enlightened circle who dressed this void up in the robes called God, having understood through reductionist intuition that this nothingness was somehow great and eternal, always present and pervading all things, and could be a great nurturer if one lived in accordance with it (which is what life of the ascetic aims for). Via reductionist intuition, it became understood that only nothingness truly existed, because all the rest is temporal, and our language could be broken down until the "many things" disappeared from view, and the "many things" are destined to return to it.

Cue the Pagans, the Greeks and Nietzsche. The true enemies to the Abrahamic system, where life instead was God, and nothingness was seen as the true absurdity.
>>
>>1223178
May I pry?
>>
File: slimjesus.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
slimjesus.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>1218586

Hundreds to thousands of completely contradictory gods throughout history says, yes.
>>
>>1218586
Yes. Next thread
>>
>>1221912
How does everyone not notice this? He doesn't sound godlike in almost any sense of the word
>>
I command you all to tell lies about God.
>>
>>1224319
God always sounds like God.

You just don't hear Him speak.
>>
>>1224643
They're all way ahead of you.
>>
>>1224643
His existence is an objective thing-in-itself.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.