[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his end goal? What is fundamental?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: evola.jpg (144 KB, 780x683) Image search: [Google]
evola.jpg
144 KB, 780x683
What was his end goal?
What is fundamental?
>>
His end-goal was something like Fascist Italy, he just didn't have the balls to admit it then and there.
>>
>>1217844
But he was an anti-fascist?
>>
>>1217844
Well, that's disappointing.
>>
>>1217850
>But he was an anti-fascist?

His own opinions overlapped tremendously with Fascism though.
>>
>>1217856
As far as I know, his preferred form of government was monarchism, which is certainly different to a dictatorship, but not by a large margin.
>>
>>1217844
No his end goal was something like ancient India
>>
>>1217883
He admired Machiavelli and Hobbes. Anyone has that quote where he says my ideas are the ideas any normal well-born person (meaning non-pleb) would have before the revolution?
>>
>>1217844
>>1217850

His goal was to reform Italian fascism into a more spiritual, decentralized, traditional society.

Mussolini was scared shitless of Evola because he thought he was a powerful sorceror, and Evola said that if Italy had stayed out of ww2, he could have shaped the country into something completely different.
>>
>>1218743

It's literally just that.

My ideas are nothing but this of any ordinary person of good breEdina from before the French revolution....or something like that.

Its important to remember that evola was not a philosopher or politician, but a researcher and scholar.

He researched the world of tradition, and wrote histories and explanations about what he found in the texts he read.

Evola was the equivilant of an obsessed autistic professor who translates and refines 100 texts in 100 dead languages into an easily acissible little pamphlet.
>>
>>1217850
He only said that so the Eternal Anglo wouldn't put him on their list
>>
>>1217856
ignore the other faggot

he has no idea what he's talking about
>>
>end goal
>when someone believes that history is cyclical
>>
His writings are advice on coping with a lack of a pagan society that he sees at the apex of Hindusitic cycles of civilization.
>>
>>1217837

The restauration of the Uranian civilization on the North Pole.
>>
>>1217837

Some weird cultist energy vibration shit.

I am so split on Evola. Some of his work I find very compelling, but then he jumps to

>different dimensions of energy

and I have no fucking clue how he gets there.
>>
>>1219366
He was a product of his time, stuff like that was popular to talk about around then. The New Age movement didn't pop out of nowhere, people in the early 20th century were fascinated by telepathy, weird pseudoscience about energy, mesmerism, etc., even when it made no fucking sense. Take a look at some early speculative fiction and you'll see a lot of this.
>>
>>1217844
>This person who vehemently opposed X for his entire life, actually liked X a lot.
>>
>>1219224
>implying it isn't
>>
>>1217837
"Through a group of Legionaries who part comes towards us a young, tall, slender man, with an uncommon expression of nobleness, frankness and energy imprinted on his face: azure grey eyes, open forehead, genuine Roman-Aryan type, and mixed with virile traits, something contemplative, mystical in the expression. This is Corneliu Codreanu, the leader and founder of the Romanian 'Iron Guard', the one who is called 'assassin', 'Hitler's henchman', 'anarchist conspirator', by the world press." Evola on Codreanu, head of the fascist Legion of the Archangel St. Michael. It's safe to say his views did indeed line up with clerical, monarchic fascism.
>>
>>1219403
>clerical, monarchic fascism.
>>
>>1219413
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerical_fascism
There's no page for monarchism and fascism, but many fascists were pro-monarchy, it's just Hitler wasn't, so it sorta colors the whole movement. Mussolini even referred to Vittorio Emmanuel as his best friend, hours before Vittorio betrayed him and had him arrested.
>>
>>1219394
Yeah, but the problem is that when you read Evola, Fascism seems like a logical consequence of putting those ideas into practice.

It seems to me that the only reason he didn't like Fascism was because things didn't go exactly as he wanted, not because he was in principle against a totalitarian state.
>>
File: julius_evola_fascism.png (18 KB, 1684x147) Image search: [Google]
julius_evola_fascism.png
18 KB, 1684x147
>>1219427

Pic related
>>
>>1219387

"New Age" is largely the cherrypicked bits from occultism that translate well to hippies, which explains its general incoherence. Evola's traditionalism comes from a kind of spirituality that doesn't look at his ideas as pure truth but rather as means for understanding the ideal state of man. Kind of similar to Jung in a way, though Evola would hate me for saying that.

Evola literally rejects material verification of his ideas in the beginning of Against the Modern World. He uses history, occultism, and symbology to construct not an empirical display of truth but uses symbols to help you understand what it means to be human -- and greater than human. The Hyperborean stuff is a metaphor.
>>
>>1219534

>The Hyperborean stuff is a metaphor.

I don't think Evola thought that.
>>
>>1219464
A fascist peasant homosexual party leader and duce was teaching a class on Adolf Hitler, known atheist.

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Hitler and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than myself!”

At this moment, a brave, aristocratic, pro-hierarchy traditionalist who had ridden 1500 tigers and understood the necessity of war and fully denied the validity of the French Revolution stood up and held up a fascist party pamphlet.

”Who made this pamphlet, pinhead?”

The arrogant leader smirked quite cartoonishly and smugly replied “The fascist party, you stupid reactionary.”

”Correct. It’s been 2 years since you created it. But If it was made by the party and fascism, as you say, is correct… then it should be the state by now.”

The duce was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and falsified copy of The Will to Power. He stormed out of the room crying those fascist crocodile tears. The same tears fascists cry for the “people” (who today live in such luxury that most haven't even been executed by the communists yet) when they jealously try to destroy all higher institutions of power. There is no doubt that at this point our professor wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a figurehead for the mob. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all submitted to authority that day and accepted the existence of transcendental experience. An eagle named “Solar Monarchy” flew into the room and perched atop the Pali Canon and shed a tear on the chalk. The rig veda was read several times, and Kalki himself showed up and ended the Kali Yuga.

The leader lost his position with the people and was caught the next day. He died of the fascist plague "Execution" and was tossed into the south pole for all eternity.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.