[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a coommie explain wtf dialectic materialism actually is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (210 KB, 444x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210 KB, 444x593
Can a coommie explain wtf dialectic materialism actually is?
>>
Basically it's a fancy term for "class warfare"

Communism is an inherently materialistic and believes that all history is moved by economics and the conflicts thereof and not by any transcendent idealistic bullshit. It's all about the material and whether you have or don't have it.
>>
so, dialectics is a methodology of understanding the world that tries to understand how any one thing is connected to every other thing that affects it. dialectics wants to examine how a subject changes over time in relation to the other subjects that shape it. an example might be how racial attitudes change over time in accordance to state legislation regarding different ethnic races.

marxists.org says it well enough.

>Dialectics is the method of reasoning which aims to understand things concretely in all their movement, change and interconnection, with their opposite and contradictory sides in unity.

>Dialectics is opposed to the formal, metaphysical mode of thought of ordinary understanding which begins with a fixed definition of a thing according to its various attributes. For example formal thought would explain: ‘a fish is something with no legs which lives in the water’.

?Darwin however, considered fish dialectically: some of the animals living in the water were not fish, and some of the fish had legs, but it was the genesis of all the animals as part of a whole interconnected process which explained the nature of a fish: they came from something and are evolving into something else.
source: https://www.marxists.org/glossary/terms/d/i.htm

materialism is an idea that all thought comes from existing matter, rather than thought originating as some abstract idea in the mind. materialism is in opposition to idealism. there's a can of worms there that you can open at your leisure, i don't feel like explaining it because i don't even fully understand the conflict between the two enough to give you an in depth explanation as is.

dialectical materialism is a combination of the above two ideas. it places a focus on the material - ie what is concrete, what exists on earth now, not what is the realm of the mind - as the explanation for why things are they way they are, and why things tend to change the way they do.
>>
it's like super autism
>>
>>1310137
Thanks, good explanation
>>
>>1310172
if you want to understand the concept better than the explanation i provided, you just have to keep reading. read marxists.org's definition section. read various works of marxism. the more you come in contact with the idea of dialectical materialism, the sooner you'll really comprehend what it means as a process. i really just see it as another logical way of viewing reality.

http://bunkermag.org/what-is-dialectic-and-why-care/

maybe try this.
>>
"All the stupid people should kill all the intelligent people and then everyone will be happy and rich forever!"

t. Marx
>>
>>1310225
Marx treated it as kinda an inevitability

that history is all about this shit continuously happening and will eventually do it so much that it will fix all our problems forever.
>>
>>1310225
>wealthy=intelligent

t. lottery winner
>>
>>1310249
t. smart but lazy
>>
>>1310137
>muh fish
How does that justify throwing logic out the window?
>>
>>1310294
In what way? There are definitely legless animals that live in the water
>>
>>1310242
Thankfully no one takes that shit seriously anymore outside of internet crusaders
>>
>>1310382
I don't know quite a few countries and political parties still refer to themselves as communist.

>but they aren't true communist!
and most democracies aren't true democracies, it's still the case.
>>
>>1310412
So you agree communism isn't about controlling the means of production right? And that state capitalism is basically communism because muh material conditions?
>>
>>1310225
>you have to be intelligent to run a business
Lmao.
>>
>>1310466
nah

just like when communism is communism if called such no matter the context so is capitalism capitalism if called that no matter the context.
>>
>>1310476
oh shit, we got a business pro here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.