[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need your help with a uni assignment, /his/. I need to introduce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1452813270917.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1452813270917.gif
2 MB, 320x180
I need your help with a uni assignment, /his/.

I need to introduce a new multimodal (something using text, audio, animation, etc) resource into a unit of study.

I'm doing ancient greece 500-399BC. One of the introductory resources is redundant and boring as fuck (a time line). I was thinking Hegemony Gold would make a more interesting replacement as the learning outcome is giving context to events and figures of the era.

Would hegemony gold achieve this? It covers most of the period, includes various city states and the persian empire, features notable commands and demonstrates greek military tactics. It also explains various points about units, factions and events.

Here's a pupper as payment for input
>>
>>1217361
You don't describe the level your unit of study is targeted at. I assume pre-tertiary.
>>
Oh I should point out that hegemony gold is a rts game specifically dealing with ancient greece.

Sorry about that.
>>
>>1217366
Years 7-10 in ausfailia so middle school in murrika terms
>>
>>1217380
Uh... you do realise that there is a movie, a comic book, histories, plays about Thermopylae?

Show multiple portrayals of the same moment in the narrative from scholarly, ancient, comic and filmic sources.
>>
>>1217391
That would be the ideal but due to time constraints in the unit of study it's not viable. There's, at most, two hours class time to be spent on it. We're not completely remaking the existing unit but just introducing one multimodal resource.

The current plan is to use one of the time lines in the unit and replace the second with the game to give students a more concrete example of the abstract information in the time line.

Personally I'd be quite happy to spend the entire unit of study on Thermopylae but I don't think that'd go down well woth the markers
>>
>>1217361
That's fucking adorable.
>>
>>1217361
Your education is pointless and whether or not you pass or fail is pointless. Just do a bridging course later.

>actually coming to 4chan for help with school studies.
How retarded are you?

t. Australian.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.