[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the most effective defender of Ireland? By "defender
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png (10 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png
10 KB, 2000x1000
Who was the most effective defender of Ireland?
By "defender of ireland", I mean, who in history did the best job of fucking up invaders/occupying forces not native to Ireland?

I always hear about how the Irish got their shit pushed in constantly, but I'm sure they had some competent commanders/fighters somewhere, maybe in Ulster?
>>
>>1217230
The 'RA managed to fuck Britian up enough to give the Catholics in there rightful homeland of Ulster rights.
>>
>>1217230
>>1217230
Brian Boru
Red Hugh O'Neill
Michael Collins
>>
>>1217230
Hugh O' Neill, Collins and Dev in the political sence. Wolftone also maybe
>>
>>1217447
fuck dev
>>
>>1217503
no
>>
>>1217447
Fuck Dev.

Also his name is spelled Wolfe Tone.
>>
>>1217508
hes a bollox that killed collins
>>
>>1217528
>>1217522
If collins lived I'd be all for him but when he died dev was the only one who filled the gap
>>
>>1217570
And he filled it with shit.

Not to mention none of this would have even been a problem if he wasn't such an all or nothing retard when Collins was alive.
>>
>>1217447
Dev was cancer, fuck him

>>1217230
Máel Sechnaill Mac Dómhnaill was pretty based, Aodh Ua Néill was good and Eoghan Rua was effective before the perfids poisoned him. Collins was the man.
>>
>>1217570
Collins wouldn't have died if it wasn't for Dev. Fuck him.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.