[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genetic testing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: download (1).jpg (8 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8 KB, 237x213
Have you or are you tempted to take any of those genetic tests that pinpoint your ancestry, /his/? Have the results given you an interest in the history of any particular group or changed your outlook on your own identity?
>>
>>1214007
I have had interest in doing so, yes. On my mother's side, the most we know is my great grandfather is from the northern coast of Spain. On my father's, we hear stories of potential Dutch ancestors who immigrated to Ecuador.

I'd certainly like to know more, but I've heard very mixed things regarding these tests.
>>
>>1214007
not interested with muh heritage, its just a clusterfuck.
>>
>>1214012
To me the main problem is the price, but I'd like to get one when I'll have some money to spare. As an Eastern Euro with somewhat turanic features I'm especially interested in possible mongol ancestry.
>>
I got my haplogroup tested but I don't think I'd bother with A-DNA tests as they only work on the basis of what data they already have.
>>
Do it but use a disposable credit card, a address not your home or immediate families home, don't use your legal name or any email attached to your life.

They really do have a right to use your results for advertising and legitimate websites have spoken about the risks.

It's cool though and worth it kinda.
>>
>>1214031
And solely for haplogroup testing which service provider would you pick?
>>
>>1214041
>They really do have a right to use your results for advertising and legitimate websites have spoken about the risks
As a non-American, what risks would I have with 23andme?
>>
>>1214041
This.
I am very interested in doing this, but maybe I should shell out an extra 200 and do it with a European company. 23andme is just too shady for me.

>>1214044
Who knows what the future will bring? Maybe your insurance broker will get raw data of you and rises your premium.
Whatever happens, I'm not really comfortable with a company like Google owning my genetic data.
>>
>>1214042
I used genographic which uses FTDNA to test the genetic material. FTDNA is probably the most well known and has the monopoly on haplotype testing.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (20 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
20 KB, 211x239
>>1214074
And you get something like pic related, yes?
>>
>>1214007
I know I am a shitskin so it doesn't matter what kind of mix I contain.
>>
What's the best site to use in the UK?
>>
>>1214007
I already know my heritage. Unless someone got cucked.
>>
>>1214185
>unless someone got cucked

I just saw a guy on /pol/ post about how he found out his grandfather had an affair with a jewish woman after investigating why he was one eight Jewish.
>>
>>1214193
How do you turn up 1/8 jewish if your granddad bangs a jewess?
>>
>>1214093
Yeah. If you have a very common haplotype you can find heatmaps which show the locations of people who share the exact same haplotype as yourself. It's very handy to use that info to discover your pre-Roman ancestors and distant relations.
>>
English here

Turns out I'm 25% Altaic
>>
/pol/lack here

recently found out almost 35% of my ancestry is from north africa -- i'm fairly redpilled, so I wouldn't trust these tests
>>
File: image_0_0.jpg (30 KB, 550x343) Image search: [Google]
image_0_0.jpg
30 KB, 550x343
>>1214243
>/pol/lack in denial about his african ancestry
>lmao i wouldn't trust these tests clearly im not a retard ooga booga nigger monkey
>redpill guise
Almost like you should come to terms with your glaring racism or something
>>
File: DLH-1-55.jpg (30 KB, 550x360) Image search: [Google]
DLH-1-55.jpg
30 KB, 550x360
Who here can trace their ancestors directly to nobility?
I can, the equivalent of Danish Borgias (in terms of power and influence, not in terms of being twats).
Pic related, my grand grand (x many times) pappy, together with the compatriots that killed the danish king Erik.
He was the marshall of the danish armies too.
I live on a street named after one of my other ancestors too, who "killed" the god Svantevit.
>>
I didn't put my parents did. My dad is ~60% Amerindian and my mom is ~50%.
>>
>>1214243
Don't worry bruder

North Africa was once ruled by Nordic Konungrs
>>
File: 404.png (24 KB, 1181x445) Image search: [Google]
404.png
24 KB, 1181x445
This is bullshit. These assholes didn't even classify all the DNA!
>>
>>1214243
WE WUZ VANDALS AND SHIED
>>
>>1214529
you probably got that unclassified DNA cause yo momma been fucking Cosmic Chad
>>
>>1214007
I'll try it when testing becomes cheaper and more information can be extracted from my genes
>>
>>1214485
I think most people can. I mean, if I remember correctly, a third of Americans are descended from King James in some manner.
>>
>>1214007
Already did it, it was pretty fun. I kind of knew my results already. They did tell me that I had certain features which I answered on their surveys that I DIDN'T have, which makes me question it a little, but I think it's pretty accurate... like 90%.

I don't really get the concerns with advertising. Ads are going to be thrown at you regardless, so what difference does it make if it's ads tailored specifically to you? Isn't that better anyway?
>>
I did it and the biggest surprise was Irish out of nowhere.
>>
>>1219782
Obviously a female relative of yours got the
BIG IRISH COCK
I
G

I
R
I
S
H

C
O
C
K
>>
File: 72265284.jpg (220 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
72265284.jpg
220 KB, 1024x683
>>1214024
>As an Eastern Euro with somewhat turanic features I'm especially interested in possible mongol ancestry.

Ukrainian I see
>>
File: Napoleon_-_2.jpg (201 KB, 841x1200) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon_-_2.jpg
201 KB, 841x1200
>>1214243
E1b1b1? If so you have nothing to worry about and are in good company. See pic related and also uncle Adolf.

I haven't done it and am pretty sure of my ancestry (norwegian freedmen) as I can trace it all back to the late 17th century with absolutely no deviations.

I'd be interested to see if I belong to haplogroup I or R1a though, I'm fairly certain I can't be R1b as my ancestors all owned land.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.