[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hong Kong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: GP_HongKong.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
GP_HongKong.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1120
What went right?
>>
>>1213610
British colonial management and high IQ colonial subjects
>>
Isn't Hong Kong due to join the PRC in 2019? What will happen? Will they stay autonomous or will China impose its laws on it?
>>
>>1213610
Being a port city with massive British investment that also happens to be the one free market city in China, leads to explosive growth.

Now that a lot of other Chinese cities are more like HK, HK is in recession.

>>1214502
Not like that.
Definitely no. Might be more indirect censorship though.

HK has been part of the PRC since 1997.
>>
>>1214502
No, they are set to dos o in 2047.
>>
>>1214519
>HK has been part of the PRC since 1997
This I know. I phrased it wrong and I don't know where I got the 2019 date from. Apparently all wrong as well. What I meant was that I thought that in 2019 they were meant to join China proper and lose autonomy or at least part of it. I have no idea where I got this from. Probably misremembering shit.
>>
Why does the PRC let Hong Kong be so autonomous?
>>
>>1213610
What do you mean what went right?

I've lived and studied in Hong Kong for 6 years. It's by far the most depressing, superficial, noir and all round fucked city by a longshot from what I've visited, and I've been to fucking Abuja.
>>
File: Kowloon-Cross-section-low.jpg (1 MB, 4716x1754) Image search: [Google]
Kowloon-Cross-section-low.jpg
1 MB, 4716x1754
The walled city of Kowloon went pretty well.
Until 1993, at least.
>http://content.messynessychic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kowlooninfographic.jpg
>>
>>1214561
If it aint broke, don't fix it/mess with it.

Also HK isn't alone: there's also Inner Mongolia, Tibet, and Xinjiang. The last two however get their shit stomped for rebelling.
>>
>>1214577
At least its not mainland China.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.