[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some hardcore crazies in history and humanities, be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: meLiz.jpg (2 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
meLiz.jpg
2 MB, 2816x2112
What are some hardcore crazies in history and humanities, be it philosophy or historians.
Historians are preferable, just because I'm not really familiar with any, and it'd be interesting to see some real warped perspectives on the past.
>>
File: Althusser.jpg (15 KB, 250x396) Image search: [Google]
Althusser.jpg
15 KB, 250x396
Louis Pierre Althusser was a French Marxist philosopher, who strangled his wife to death.There were no witnesses, and the exact circumstances are debated, with some claiming it was deliberate, others accidental. In his posthumously published autobiography, he describes the murder in detail.
>>
Empedocles threw himself into the volcano to prove to his disciples that he was immortal; he believed he would come back as a god after being consumed by the fire.
>>
>>1212479
did it work?
>>
>>1212486
It didn't, but I can respect the dedication.
>>
>>1212495
>his earthly body consumed in the ideal of living ones word, we pray
A god that's all about how sacred ones word and convictions are? That'd be a decent D&D god. You may never lie and must always keep your word. In return, he grants you the strength to act on your convictions no matter how hard. His living avatar would be extremely powerful to the point of warping reality to match whatever they say. With that in mind, they're often silent and in meditation. When they do speak it's thought that Empedocles speaks through them and it's a landmark event for the faithful, of all sorts even.
>>
>>1212521
Based
>>
>>1212237
GTime Johnny! Fuck yeah!
>>
MAN TIME BIOLOGY! EARTH TIME BIOLOGY!
>>
File: 1448625612411.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1448625612411.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>1216997
>tfw you're living in catholic time and will never learn to discard man-made objects
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.