[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with the fact that you are going to die and life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1463622082057.jpg (120 KB, 790x745) Image search: [Google]
1463622082057.jpg
120 KB, 790x745
How do you deal with the fact that you are going to die and life has no meaning?
>>
>>1210766

>and life has no meaning

That's not a fact.
>>
File: christ b8.png (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
christ b8.png
55 KB, 625x626
>>
>>1210766
>Hitler
Hitler never wanted to get rid of religion, Himmler did.
>>
pretty okay
>>
>>1210766
Ricky Gervais, the worst thing to ever come from my town Reading :(
>>
>>1210776
Yes it is.
>>
>>1210835
we were born to fuck shit and sleep
pretty meaningful desu
>>
>>1210839
Fuck, shit, and sleep*

>same person
>>
>>1210835
Meaning is subjective
>>
>>1210766
By partaking in the struggle against the evil forces of capitalism comrade, revolution soon.
>>
My life have a meaning.
Doesn't know about yours.
>>
>>1211588
Fuck off gommie.
>>
I don't and that's fine
>>
>>1210766
>>1210835
It's only meaningless if you refuse to give it meaning. That's your call. But you DO have the ability to give it meaning, and then it does become meaningful.
>>
>>1210777
This is true Jesus baits us to eternal life - because we're so dumb we avoid that.
>>
>>1210839
>>1211584
>>1210835
proof?
Evidence?
>>
Have fun with the time I have and give life meaning myself.
>>
>>1211706
I cant into math
>>
>>1210766
>Hitler was an atheist (And somehome The Holocaust was caused by atheism)
>All those communist atrocities were solely caused by atheism
Top fucking kek
>>
File: venus_and_adonis.jpg (146 KB, 960x679) Image search: [Google]
venus_and_adonis.jpg
146 KB, 960x679
I Know its meaningless.

Yet i keep going out of hate. Hate because of the knowledge the good DO die young and what that fails mantra to carry on to say is that the shit people live long enough to make this planet worse..."arn't you a shit person too?" yeah of course. But it takes a bastard to stop a bastard in my opinion.

>>1212055
this guy gets it,

>>1211588
what a waste of an existance. you'll fail, like every other commie before you.
>>
>>1210814
Nice made up Hitler quote
>>
>>1210766
You make meaning, dumby.
>>
>>1210766
I'd rather smoke weed and enjoy my "meaningless" life than follow the advice of literal goatfuckers. Have fun when your evangelical theocracy starts killing people to make hurricanes go away
>>
>>1210766
Existentialism.
>>
Life has the meaning you decide to give it. Why do you feel it needs more than that?

Are you perhaps asking the wrong question of the wrong group?
>>
But op my life has lots of meaning. I fuck bitches every day (got three girls currently lusting for my cock) and I work at CERN looking for dank cosmic secrets. Don't project your empty and pointless existence onto the rest of us.
>>
>>1213431
This.

Reading from just a couple mainstream guys like Nietsche, Dostoevsky, Piaget, etc. really starts to put things in perspective.

Life is what it is. It's what we can see, feel, hear, etc. Could there be supernatural stuff? God, angels, demons? Maybe, maybe not. We can't see, hear or feel them, and those that have claimed to cannot corroborate their claims. So we're just left with what is.

We don't know exactly how it came to be, we just have really solid assumptions, but the one thing we're sure of is that it ends eventually for everything. What happens after life? What happens to consciousness? Well basically after you die, logical reason would have it that you would just go back to doing what you did before life: Not existing. Sure, there might be a secret land of glory where your immortal consciousness lives for eternity in paradise, but we have nothing to support this claim. Why not just assume there's nothing? Worst case scenario is you were right, and were prepared for non-existence, best case scenario is you were wrong and you get to go to some kind of afterlife. All we know is that once someone dies, their brain/mind shuts off and cannot be retrieved. If there were something after life, it must either be so cool that no one bothers trying to contact the living again, or there's some kind of interference "wall" that prevents contact.

Either way, might as well just assume it's nothing. That way, you can be sure that IF this one life is all we have, that you made sure to live it the way you wanted to, because you thought there'd be nothing else. Imagine if you thought there was some paradise afterward so you spent your whole life doing nothing, or doing shit you don't want to do, but then it turned out there was nothing? That would be horrible. The only time I've ever been conscious and aware of what I was doing was during life, so I figure I might as well just try to enjoy it the best I can while I exist.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.