[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slovenian History Mistery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: CRAWLING.jpg (145 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
CRAWLING.jpg
145 KB, 640x425
Anyone out there who knows the early history of Slovenians?

So far ive heard theories that they where Illyirian, Roman, Vandal, Sclaveni, Venetii etc
so, wich one of theese is true?

I tihnk the name itself may help being Slo-venia

Slo with slavic origin
and Venia celtic if im not mistaken.

Does anyone know for sure?
>>
>>1208481
Slovenians are descended from Slavs who migrated into the Balkans during the dark ages

The name is from Proto-Slavic *slověninъ, which basically meant 'people who can speak', as opposed to the unintelligble foreigners, *němьcь

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Reconstruction:Proto-Slavic/slov%C4%9Bnin%D1%8A
>>
>>1208495
Funny thing, we still to this day call germans "Nemci", wich means "mutes"
>>
File: memelovenians.gif (285 KB, 1277x813) Image search: [Google]
memelovenians.gif
285 KB, 1277x813
>>1208481
HOL UP
*smacks potica*
YOU BE SAYING
*evades taxes*
SO HOL UP
*builds house without a license*
YOU SAYING
*builds kozolc*
WE WUZ HYPERBOREA N SHIEEEET
>>
>>1208773
>>1208481
But seriously stop spouting those stale 19th century/SNS memes.
According to modern linguists Slovenes are a Slavic people that raped the local Celto-latins into submission (fyi settlements which remained predominately celto-latin often start with Ajd- meaning "foreigner" in old slavic).
They settled in Slovenia sometime in the 7-8th century and were a vassal tribe of the Avars.

While they were probably from the same proto-group as other Balkan Slavs, they had much more in common with the Western Slavs (Czech, Slovaks) then other Balkan Slavs. That's because prior to German colonization and the Hungarian invasion, there was a slavic continuum from Slovakia-Czechia to Slovenia-East Croatia
That's why a Slovene will understand Czech, while a Serbian won't.
>>
>>1208798
>That's why a Slovene will understand Czech, while a Serbian won't.

I understand both Czechs and Slovaks better than I understand Slovenians. Slovaks I understand the best.

t. Serb

As for the Slovenians; according to the "Пoвecт минyлих Љeт" by Nestor written in the 11th century, the Czechs, Moravians, Serbs, Croats and Carantanians inhabited the regions of Bohemia, Lusatia, Panonia and Carpathia. Croats and a part of the Serbs moved southwards due to Frankish incursions and were invited by the Romans to act as "foederati" against the Avars, Carantanians moved into the Alps. (this last part is from the Porpyhrogenets DAI)

Moravians are partly ancestors of the todays Slovaks, and Carantanians are ancestors of the todays Austrian Slovenes, the Slovenes in Slovenia are partly descendants of Carantanians and Croats that settled there. Both Slovak and Slovene is a generic term for "Slavic or Slavs".
>>
>>1208498
Bulgarians do the same
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.