[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Discuss
>>
& humanities was a mistake
>>
Some americans are retarded in a very special way?
>>
HP is like 600 pages a book.

Aint no class in america that got time fo that
>>
>>1207990

I mean, the overall story of the Harry Potter series pretty clearly draws heavy inspiration from the Jesus narrative, so this doesn't even make sense.

Also the bible has a witch to raise someone's ghost up so that a King can talk to him, and treats this as if it were something that can actually happen.
>>
When did liberals go from making fun of moralizing over-reacting retards who see "questionable" themes in everything to instead being those very people? You hardly see shit like this nowadays
>>
>>1208025
The far extremes of the left and right loop around and meet up in crazy-town at the 15th circle of hell.
>>
>>1207990
I notice that the teacher doesn't appear to be enjoying teaching Harry Potter. This is an interesting depature from the usual fundamentalist American narrative that teachers are all over-educated communists out to ruin America to one that's more acceptable where they're normal people forced by material conditions to teach things they disagree with.
>>
>>1208049
Liberals definitely aren't extreme left.
>>
>>1208049
That is actually a funny thought.
Give the most weird extremists of history everlasting live and put them in some rocky desolate pit of hell and see what kind of society arises from this that makes intervention of demons concerning that torture stuff wolly unnecessary.
>>
>>1208054
Id say the most extreme ones fall into an own category of totalitarian utopianism that has yet to be named.
>>
>SECULAR SCHOOLING AGENDA TO DESTROY PATRICIAN TASTE AND QUALITY

>Rhizome of Equal-
>ity

>DO YOU DEMOCRACY BRO?
>>
>>1208049
>horseshit theory
>>
>>1208072
That's not an argument.
"I know what's best for you! Ban this!"
>>
>>1208079
Horseshoe theory is dumb as fuck, bro.

>"I know what's best for you! Ban this!"
1. You can be as far left or right as possible and not believe in banning anything
2. Centrists actually do endorse banning things, mostly because they're feeble minded idiots that can't muster up the energy to strongly disagree with significant government policy.
>>
>>1208072
Maybe it couldn't be applied to the ideologies themselves, but the kinds of people who are attracted to extreme ideologies on either side are all pretty much the same. Annoying stuck up cunts who like to inject their shit where it doesn't belong. It's less about whether you believe in patriarchy or Jewish overlords, its just an excuse to act like you're better than people who don't "get it".
>>
>>1208079
>lol having opinions is bad
>Statous quo is best
>anyone who thinks differently than me is just out for power
>We're the end of history
>Human nature is aligned perfectly to my ideology

Liberal democracy was a mistake
>>
>>1208087
Not him, but seeing politics as one spectrum whether a line or horseshoe seems far to simplistic, it seems more like a variety of peaks distributed over more than 2 axis, something like groupings in a statistical ordination I guess.
>>
>>1208025
>When did liberals go from making fun of moralizing over-reacting retards who see "questionable" themes in everything to instead being those very people? You hardly see shit like this nowadays
Because "liberals" are now conservative. They're values have become the norm in the media and they are trying to conserve them. This is why you should oppose authoritarianism of both the left and the right, they're both shit.

>but le horseshit theory sucks
Obviously, that doesn't change the fact that authoritarian ideologues will act like cunts.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/pol/75442582
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.