[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were "Education ""Experts"""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: math education history.png (176 KB, 640x3030) Image search: [Google]
math education history.png
176 KB, 640x3030
Why were "Education ""Experts""" so dead set on destroying math and logic education in the 20th century? Do you think we will ever recover?
>>
>>1207783
source on that image? i don't know anything about this subject so I am unable to tell if this is legitimate or made up bullshit
>>
>>1207783
Why don't you fuck off back to >>>/pol/ with your closed circuit hermeneutic?
>>
>>1207797
http://www.csun.edu/~vcmth00m/AHistory.html
>>
>>1207827
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Klein_%28businessman%29
Should I respect his opinion because he put the jelly in my belly?
>>
>>1207841

That's obviously a different David Klein

>http://www.csun.edu/~vcmth00m/
>Professional Interests Mathematical Physics, General Relativity and Cosmology, Statistical Mechanics, Climate Science, Mathematics Education

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Klein_(mathematician)
>David Klein is a professor of Mathematics at California State University in Northridge.[1] He is an advocate of increasingly rigorous treatment of mathematics in school curricula and a frequently cited opponent of reforms based on the NCTM standards. One of the participants in the founding of Mathematically Correct, Klein is a popular figure in the Math Wars.
>>
Algebra and further math completion rates went down because High School enrolment went up among the lower classes, who reduced the standards slightly to 'move them up' socially. Only a portion of teens were expected to go and complete high-school at the beginning of the 20th century. For many others, the current traditional Middle School length + 1 or 2 extra years served as their secondary school education before getting sent out to work. That's also why Greek and Latin course accessibility was also, on-paper, was statistically reduced among High-Schools despite the whole 'cultural revolution' which helped de-emphasis them not happening until the 60's -- because more and more High-Schools were getting created by local Governments to enroll the lower-classes, which a lot of didn't have access to unless they went to Private ones, and a lot of them paid for what was minimumally needed.

Math never died down, you just have the pool flooded with commoners who don't have access to better schools, teachers, and tutors who plan out and stick to schedule of what to topic to learn and become proficient at.
>>
>>1207819
> closed circuit hermeneutic
if I say memes that I don't completely understand, that will make me seem smart right?
>>
>>1207890
Well you did just prove that you've no understanding of higher criticism in historiography.
>>
>>1207977
wut
>>
>>1207783
Humanitards being angry at mathfags, nothing new.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.