[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What were the First and Second Reichs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
What were the First and Second Reichs?
>>
>>1207131
The first Reich was the
>
>
>

The Second Reich was the German Empire of WW1.
>>
1st: the """""""""""""H""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""R""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""E"""""""""""""""
2nd: the german """"""""""""""""""""empire"""""""""""""""""
>>
>>1207131
>
>
>
and the German Empire
Fun fact: the 2nd and 3rd Reich were the same state
>>
What about the Prussian Empire?
Also, didnt Hitler feel he was a a successor to the Roman Empire?
>>
>>1207148
>What about the Prussian Empire?
It didn't contain all of Germany.

>Also, didnt Hitler feel he was a a successor to the Roman Empire?
That was Mussolini.
>>
>>1207148
There was no "Prussian Empire", only the Kingdom of Prussia which became an entity of the German Empire
>>
>>1207131
OP, in case you don't understand the memes the HRE and all the meme arrows mean the Holy Roman Empire.

It was not holy, Roman or even an empire. But it had a lot of Germans in it.
>>
>>1207148
>>1207155

If any period of time could be called such, it would be Prussia after the Napoleonic wars until German unification. At that time it controlled all the northern German states and the western half of Poland.
>>
>>1207131
You will get a lot of memes about the Holy Roman Empire, but it's worth pointing out the title had accuracy to it until about the end of the 12th century.
>>
>>1207173
No, we're talking about Germans after all, "empire" is only used when the title of emperor is involved
>>
>>1207180
Not the Roman part.
>>
>First Reich
>Led by French
Loving every laugh.
>>
>>1207185
Are you retarded?
>>
>>1207173
At the time those parts of Poland weren't Polish, they were overwhelmingly German and had been for centuries, only the middle bit of what is now Poland ceded from Germany was Polish at the time of the Kingdom of Prussia.
>>
File: 1379894603740.png (93 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
1379894603740.png
93 KB, 600x860
>>1207188
No, but you are.
>>
>>1207184
It controlled Rome for hundreds of years.
>>
>>1207185
Didn't Charlemagne start the HRE?
>>
File: charlemagne_bust1.jpg (280 KB, 1388x1836) Image search: [Google]
charlemagne_bust1.jpg
280 KB, 1388x1836
>>1207188
Howdy Germanic servants. Check it out, I'm made of gold.

t. Charlemagne.
>>
>>1207190
>I am dumb
>you're dumb
>XD I am le bait master
>>
>>1207185
>French are named after a German tribe
Laugh well.
>>
>>1207195
Controlling Rome doesn't equate to being Roman, otherwise Italy would be Roman right this second.

Not to mention the HRE never really controlled Rome, the papacy did. And if anything the Papacy controlled the HRE.
>>
>>1207196
>>1207199
The title of Holy Roman Emperor was granted Charlie by the pope, the Holy Roman Empire was founded by Otto I.
>>
File: 1455835205176.png (124 KB, 750x780) Image search: [Google]
1455835205176.png
124 KB, 750x780
>>1207200
>n-no I'm not an impulsive autist who bites all bait set for him
>YOU'RE THE DUMMY
>>
>>1207211
I literally just called you retarded, you're the one overinflating your ego
>>
>>1207209
>otherwise Italy would be Roman right this second.
>implying we wuzn't Romans and merdaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>1207220
All I did was reply with an image and say you are. I set bait, you bit. It wasn't even good bait. No amount of screaming that pretending to be retarded on the internet is the same thing as being retarded will make it true. You played yourself, get over it.
>>
>>1207131
The Holy Roman Empire is known as the First Reich
The German Empire is the Second Reich

>>1207148
>>1207173
Nothing can be called such.

To keep it short: After the Napoleonic Wars, their were two dominate Germanic kingdoms: The Catholic-Hapsburgs Austrians in Vienna, who had the support of the UK and France, and the Lutheran-Hohenzollern Brandenburgians/Prussian, in Berlin. Initially, they co-ruled the reorganized Germanic territory. There were two dominate schools of thought at this time: Greater Germany (Austria as part of Germany) or Lesser Germany (Germany without Austria). The Prussian supporting Germanic states won a war the Austrian supporting Germanic states, which cemented a Prussian hegemony over all of Germany.

France, who supported Austria, declared war on Prussia. Prussians won the war, and in 1871, the Hohenzollerns, upon seeing there were no longer any objections from Austria or France, unified the Germanic states under their rule. Berlin became the capital, the Hohenzollerns were the emperors, and that's what's called the Second Reich.

So, you see, it can't be called the Second Reich, because it wasn't until 1871 that there was a clear hierarchy of leadership established
>>
>>1207233
>pretending to be retarded on the internet is the same thing as being retarded
Sorry to break it to you, kid, but that's a fact
>>
File: 70-Millionen_Reich.jpg (87 KB, 775x600) Image search: [Google]
70-Millionen_Reich.jpg
87 KB, 775x600
>>1207254
>There were two dominate schools of thought at this time: Greater Germany (Austria as part of Germany) or Lesser Germany (Germany without Austria).

Don't forget the Greater Austrian solution :)
>>
>>1207308
Damn, a state like that would've dominated Europe
>>
>>1207394
Like it did in wwi? Hah.
>>
>>1207426
WW1 involved 2 allied states that had different economies, different armies and different goals, but now imagine in they had the same economy, the same army and the same goals
They'd been an incredible powerhouse
>>
>>1207394
>>1207449
Thing is though, because of the balance of power every state in Europe would've declared war on Germany if Bismarck took Austria too. Plus all the vast non-Germans in the Austrian Empire would've been strongly opposed to it. These are the two main reasons Austria as part of Germany didn't happen, to those who wonder.
>>
>>1207456
Bismarck did not want Austria because he wanted to guarantee Prussian dominance in the German Empire.

Regarding the balance of power thing, that did happen. Prussia had to defeat Austria, Denmark and France before it could unify the German States.
>>
>>1207133
This idiot never heard of the Holy Roman Empire
>>
>>1207185
Ethnic French people ARE half-german.
>>
>>1207209
Not true at all. Emperors like Otto the Great had the pope eating out of their hands
>>
>>1207733
Nonsense, ethnic germans are HALF FRENCH
>>
>>1209126
lal
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.