[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: friedrich-nietzsches-quotes-5.jpg (174 KB, 800x508) Image search: [Google]
friedrich-nietzsches-quotes-5.jpg
174 KB, 800x508
What did he mean by this?
>>
Nietzsche tried to make all the thoughts of prayer his own, to contain with his body, his ego, his ferociously superhuman conception of himself all the "thoughts of prayer" of mankind immemorial. And thus, his body and mind revolted and at having to take on so much charge; and he went mad, and collapsed in Turin in front of a horse - and his head exploded; like Icarus, he played the gods and lost.
>>
Continental bullshit.
>>
>>1207003
Some people like to use large words to convey plainly obvious messages in order to seem smarter.
>>
as far as i can tell basically that we can't escape our own subjectivity, but that that's cool because it means nature looks pretty
>>
>BTFOing Ayn Rand before she was even born
>>
My English is bad, but what the fuck is he trying to say? That one cannot be a realist because of subjectivity? That all just sounds like Freud-tier pseudointellectual bullshit.
>>
"Fuck hipsters"
>>
>>1207003
>>1207111
>>1207778
Rather that complete objectivity is impossible but to acknowledge that fact we can help account for it. This is his 'perspectivism' as it has been called.
>>
>>1207003
He's saying that everything is simulation. Everything. Your notion of "reality" is simply a simulation to others that has convinced you deeply.
>>
>>1207090
Well, it works.
>>
>>1207778
That the worth we attach to reality is itself subjective (just as our perception of reality is).
>>
Nigga shitfacing on the realists calling them sperglords who think too high of themselves because they think they are best for thinking they know the Truth, which in fact its not just as our lil bro F. Nieztsche tells us

C.R.E.A.M. get the money
>>
Seems like a criticism of positivism tbqh.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.