[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nick Land's philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: 1462054936676.png (52 KB, 215x422) Image search: [Google]
1462054936676.png
52 KB, 215x422
So for a little while now I've been trying to understand Nick Land's philosophy and I think I have a good outline of it, can someone confirm or deny what what I think I've got?

So basically in Land's view modern history starts when capital is let loose on civilization and supersedes traditional society. Modern history is then defined by a struggle between capital and culture to gain dominance. The apparatus preventing capital from gaining traction is the Human Security System which is synonymous with Moldbug's Cathedral. The Cathedral attempts to create equality through various means and models such as social democracy and thereby hinder the advance of capital which strives on difference as well as human desire. In Land's view the effort of the Cathedral is futile as human equality violates the laws of GNON and those attempting it will be punished by nature. The triumph of capital will mark the end of history in a Hegelian sense with an inevitable technocommercial singularity whereby capital will discard its human hosts by means of self-automation. This will create a breakthrough in intelligence because it is no longer constrained by human monkey brains. So in Land's view we should not resist the forces of capital but instead embrace it and propel its growth through accelerationism by means of open markets and splintering sovereignty into collections of city states a la Singapore.

Did I get everything right?
>>
I think so.
>>
>>1206202
>>1206207
Looks like you have a good grasp of it
>>
So it's just accelerationism + transhumanism?
>>
>>1206202

Gnon is just a stupid reactionary meme.

The point is that capital most of the times, by it's very nature,supersedes culture/political organization.

This is not a new point of course, Land stole it directly from Anti-Oedipus and Baudrillard made a somewhat similar point.
>>
>>1206405
+neoreaction
>>
>>1206416
Gnon is a pretty useful concept, do you even knew what it is?
>>
>>1206423

It's basically Land mimicking 4chan memes.

It's stupid because it's empty and devoid of content like all memes. The Land of today is a shadow of his former self, worst of all, he is an "optimist".
>>
File: 1461847646188.png (901 KB, 939x1195) Image search: [Google]
1461847646188.png
901 KB, 939x1195
>>1206428
>>
Nick Land is a Marxist accelerationist who hopes that enough disruption of society by capital will hasten the communist revolution who pretends to be a right-wing philosopher because rightists are stupid enough to fall for this shit.

He isn't original in this regard either. Milton Friedman was another crypto-communism who pretended to "embrace" capitalism in order to plant the seeds of the revolution within it.
>>
>>1206443
So was every significant neoconservative
>>
>>1206443
This is incorrect.
>>
File: freikorps.jpg (178 KB, 690x930) Image search: [Google]
freikorps.jpg
178 KB, 690x930
>>1206447
Exactly.

The only thing that changed was that when they were communists, they were Trotskyists who wanted to use the Red Army to promote world revolution (and enslave humanity to the Jew). When they became "conservatives", they promoted the use of the U.S. Army to promote world democracy (and enslave humanity to the Jew).

Seriously, if there is Jews in your right-wing political movement, you are doing something wrong. There were no Jews in the Freikorps. Neoreaction was founded by a Jew so it can't be good for the goyim. The ultimate desire of the Jew is enslavement of goyim to their desires, the only difference between a religious Jew and a secular Jew is that the religious Jew waits for the Messiah, while the secular Jew takes matter in his own hands.
>>
>>1206434

>He fell for the "edgy exclusive kids club that is Nrx".

I will admit, I love the guy, because he is truly original, but Moldbug was a negative influence on him, things like HBD and conservative social planning, they are laughable concepts in today's society. People will just beg for a technocracy and be done with it, they will not ask for a kind, but more production and more effective bureaucracy.

In a very ironic way Land is like all of those Deleuzian anarchists, but on the other side. They can see where the whole thing is going, but mistake the forest for the trees in terms of the state of the political economy.
>>
>>1206202
This sounds like a view of history from someone that never learned history.
>>
>>1206456
>things like HBD and conservative social planning, they are laughable concepts in today's society
Opinion discarded. Also Land was always right-wing. Ccru was created to research left wing philosophy from a non-left wing perspective
>>
>>1206460
>continental philosophy
>>
>>1206463

things like "left" or "right" or meaningless if you understood what CCRU was all about. All of the "Cathedral stuff came after with Moldbug, I am somewhat sympathetic with them because they indeed do point to the dogmatic liberal slumber of today, but ultimately they are a right-libertarian wet dream fantasy.
>>
>>1206456
I don't even like Land, you just didn't make an argument.
>>
>>1206202
Why do they call themselves neoreactionaries when they're about as different from reactionaries as is possible?
>>
File: 3C3.jpg (88 KB, 1417x984) Image search: [Google]
3C3.jpg
88 KB, 1417x984
>>1206455
>The only thing that changed was that when they were communists, they were Trotskyists who wanted to use the Red Army to promote world revolution (and enslave humanity to the Jew). When they became "conservatives", they promoted the use of the U.S. Army to promote world democracy (and enslave humanity to the Jew).
>Seriously, if there is Jews in your right-wing political movement, you are doing something wrong. There were no Jews in the Freikorps. Neoreaction was founded by a Jew so it can't be good for the goyim. The ultimate desire of the Jew is enslavement of goyim to their desires, the only difference between a religious Jew and a secular Jew is that the religious Jew waits for the Messiah, while the secular Jew takes matter in his own hands.
>>
>>1206540
Nick Land is pretty different but not all of them are. They also didn't coin the term, someone else did and it just stuck.
>>
>>1206416
The idea that base supersedes superstructure came from Marx.
>>
>>1206540
I have no idea but as a classical reactionary it pisses me off people assume I'm one of those sperglords. The only thing they miss is an Ayn Rand t-shirt and a fedora, they're not reactionaries whatsoever.
>>
>>1206202
I just went to check out this guys blog and it makes him appear like a rambling nut more than anything else.

Is the interest in this guy just due to 4chan's general contrarianism or am I missing something here?
>>
>>1206624
His notoriety predates the chans
>>
>>1206598
You clearly haven't read any neoreactionaries. I was already into reactionary literature before I read Moldbug & friends and I still got a lot out of it.
>>
>>1206630
I did give Moldbug a chance, but his writing is pretty convoluted and stylistically shitty, not even mentioning the substance is based on rationalism and therefore shouldn't be called reactionary.
>>
>>1206202
Is this real life? This sounds like a sci fi novel, not philosophy.
>>
>>1206443
Gonna need sauce on that
>>
>>1206995
I don't really agree with the other post's characterization of Land, but marxist accelerationist isn't a totally bad way to put it. Land is a marxist in the tradition of deleuze and guattari in that he shares a lot of their critiques of modern society, he just goes a lot further and thinks that the way to solve those problems is through freeing/acceleration capitalism.

Unfortunately, I do think he's sincere about all the NRx shit which is a shame, his pre-Moldbug writing is really interesting.
>>
File: 1463845614069.jpg (81 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1463845614069.jpg
81 KB, 600x800
>>1206463
HBD IS FOR KEKOLDS

WEAK MEN, MOSTLY WORKING IN SOFTWARE AND WED TO SLANT-EYED OVERTLY NEOTENOUS GIRLS. SAD!
>>
>>1206967
Nick Land is what you get when you give an autistic science fiction fan a shitload of acid and a philosophy professorship.
>>
I just went to his site. Why do people think he's not right-wing when he's reading AmRen and posting shit like this?
http://www.xenosystems.net/quote-note-252/

He's clapping about right-wing movements growing.
>>
>>1207392
Who said he's not right wing? The only people rants would say that are paranoid tad/pol/es that claim he's a left wing infltrator but as always those people should be ignored.
>>
>>1206540
Probably because the only alternative was "Dark Enlightenment" and they didn't want to announce they were JRPG villains.
>>
>>1206202

/lit/ is seriously triggered by this guy.
It's amazing that as soon as a good non-Marxist is discussed they go "MEME MEME MEME!!!"
>>
>>1207565
Eh, I've seen some good discussions of Land on /lit/, though these people you describe do exist.
>>
>>1206416
also every person who has posited materialist interpretations of history e.g. Marx, Harris
>>
>>1206202
i'm not going to argue against open markets, but advanced culture cannot develop without sufficient capital. as capitol increases culture flourishes. i'm not keen on "history is a struggle between [x] and [y]" philosophies.
>>
>>1207968
mind the spelling, i'm on the toilet. where all philosophy should be done.
>>
>>1207968
How about history as the interaction between humans and nature, and we're fucking up the balance?
>>
File: single fact.png (166 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
single fact.png
166 KB, 420x420
>>1206443
>>
Fuck the haters. Nick's got a lot of interesting things to say and Gnon is a certified dank meme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMdPLxbuc8Q
>>
>>1207979
>balance
History is the slow process of man destroying nature.
>>
>>1208567
>>1208567
>History is

>History has so far been
>>
File: Nick.jpg (79 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
Nick.jpg
79 KB, 600x570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI
>>
File: 1462075456643.jpg (72 KB, 430x455) Image search: [Google]
1462075456643.jpg
72 KB, 430x455
Link to Fanged Noumena for anyone interested:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/arena-attachments/406213/42bdb859549f609953a0ca61aca0bee3.pdf
>>
>>1207968
>as capitol increases culture flourishes
doubt.jpg
>>
>>1208890
Thank
>>
>We should open markets to accelerate capital technological advancement
>Capital is the problem though, because traditional society and culture was better before it came along

Should literally stop calling himself any kind of reactionary. He's literally an ultra-progressive.
>>
>>1209664

No, he's more a sort of apocalyptic reactionary, who wants to 'cleanse' society by letting it destroy itself.
>>
>>1209719
Which is literally delusional and has no bearing on reality.
>>
>>1209753

Nor is it very new. It's basically the same End Times prophecy re imagined for the 21st century. I won't be surprise if one day an entire religion called Nicktianity
>>
>>1209769

*one day there's
>>
>>1207565
those are people projecting, basically
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.