[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
JUST
>>
BELISARIUS
>>
>>1205978
KEK
>>
>>1205978
>>1205983
A two word summary of Justinian's military accomplishments
>>
>>1205978

>why is ian duncan smith's wife using a strpon a bit like an eastern roman emperor?
>they're both justinian

here all night ladies and gentlemen. try the tendies.
>>
>>1205978

IN
>>
JUSTinian II: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>1206067
IAN
>>
>>1206218
if i pulled that off, would you die?
>>
>Be a dirty syrian
>Never even leave Constantinople
>Almost lose roman """""empire""""" to a chariot race riot
>Belisarius was a known cuckold to his adopted son
>Hold almost nothing you """""conquered""""" in bullshit blob maps posted in byzantine threads

Emperor JUST indeed
>>
>>1206226
It would be extremely complicated.
>>
File: 1458999992174.png (931 KB, 800x770) Image search: [Google]
1458999992174.png
931 KB, 800x770
>>1206240
This, he was not a good emperor but people like him because of the blob and his fame.

Literally meme emperor. If Justinian is someones favorite emperor he probably knows not much about the empire itself.
>>
>>1206240
He did a fine job on codification of the roman law (although Tribonian did most of the work). CIC is a literal masterpiece.
>>
>>1206795
Justinian is responsible for the codex as much as Theodosius is responsible for Theodosian wall
>>
>>1206797
That's why i mentioned Tribonian. At least Justinian knew how to pick competent people, i guess.
>>
>>1206786
He is important for one very important reason though: his short-lived invasion of Italy did lead to it having the Codex Iustinianus forced on them, resulting in the very few copies of it that survived existing mostly in Italy. Without them, Napoleon may never have had been influenced by it and may never have written the Code Civil. Imagine how much history would've changed without the Codex Iustinianus and, by extent, without the Code Civil.
>>
>>1206797

Well, no actually. That's a false equivalence. Anthemius was smart enough to realize they needed those walls and commissioned them.

Justinian also realized the Roman law needed to be codified and had it codified.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.