[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the worst odour to have ever been released in the history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What was the worst odour to have ever been released in the history of man?

Please no fart jokes this is a place of serious academic discourse.
>>
>>1205625
Whoever discovered how to make Jenkem.
>>
>>1205625
I've the great Stink in London in head, but there's probably worst
>>
Probably piles of dead people that were being gathered in cities during summertime that died to the Black Death.

I imagine the smell must have been awful. Cities lacked proper hygiene except for a few rare cases. The summer caused bodies to rot faster and there were simply a lot of dead bodies to gather and bury.
>>
>>1205634
>The Great Stink was an event in central London in July and August 1858 during which the hot weather exacerbated the smell of untreated human waste and industrial effluent that was present on the banks of the River Thames.

can you imagine if this shit happened right now in India

In this picture, people are bathing in the Ganges River, which is heavily polluted from sewage, garbage, and corpses lingering in the river.
>>
File: Ganges River.jpg (713 KB, 855x534) Image search: [Google]
Ganges River.jpg
713 KB, 855x534
>>1205672
>tfw you forgot your pic
>>
The streets of Constantinople during the plague of Justinian

Or the time tens of thousands of bodies were floated down the Tigris to fuck over Ctesiphons water supply, I imaging that probably would have smelled terrible
>>
>>1205672
I don't get this. How the hell ca they justify doing this to themselves? I know its considered holy and all but surely they must have noses to smell with?
>>
>>1205672
The indians actually have a massive heatwave right now...
>>1207930
Its holy and if you are poor and already life in shit on land you dont mind bathing in shit if it at least does something for the soul.

But the indians indeed need to clean their ganges up.
>>
>>1205625
The bathroom after you had a bottle or two of Buck and a curry the night before.
>>
Based diogenes
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.