[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is religion a practical necessity to regulate the apish desires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: jesus.png (30 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
30 KB, 700x800
is religion a practical necessity to regulate the apish desires of mankind ?

i mean for example to prevent people from cheating on their partner
>>
Jesus is Lord
>>
>>1204835
I'm Lord
>>
>>1204837
You're satan
>>
Just look at the way things currently are, some countries have barely any religion while others are brimming with it. So you can easily compare them using basic general knowledge, the type you should have if you haven't spent your entire life in a box.

Is this a troll board? should have checked.
>>
>>1204831
>To prevent people from cheating on their partner
You are such a cuck OP

If you can't hold onto your 'partner' with your merits then you either don't deserve their loyalty, or if it makes you feel better they don't deserve yours .

Fuck someone else you cuck.
>>
File: 200px-Stirner02.jpg (19 KB, 200x515) Image search: [Google]
200px-Stirner02.jpg
19 KB, 200x515
Its just a spook.
>>
>>1204831
Last I checked religion doesent stop anything.
>>
> You can cheat but it's okay if you believe in Jesus!
Such powerful preventing mechanism here.
>>
>>1205630
True monogamy leaves no chance for seperation between two souls.

Standard monogamy began as a way to curtail jealousy between mating partners.
>>
Why is it that the biggest shit holes in the world today also happen to be the most religious?
>>
Doesn't have to be religion, can also just be a sense of civil service, e.g. Rome.

Without either there is little individual reason to get married beyond happiness and in all fairness, that happiness usually doesn't last.
>>
>>1204831
If humans are "apish" it would follow that anything they do is "apish" there for religion would itself by "apish". They would just wreck their own religion with retarded theology.
>>
>>1205719
>religion would itself by "apish"

Excellent point.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/nature/2016/03/could-chimpanzees-have-religion
>>
File: 1452399964904s.jpg (9 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1452399964904s.jpg
9 KB, 250x243
>>1205482
what the fuck are you talking about ?

my question does not even imply that im agreeing with it

what you are talking about has absolutely nothing to do with being a cuck

why do you obsessivley use every possibility to use your edgy fashionword " cuck " ?

also your romantic view of sexuality is total garbage - cheating is an inherent part of the human mating strategy - that doesnt mean that im personally a cheater which is obviously totally irrelevant to this thread too

your fucking idealism doesnt help anybody

>muh loyalty

accept that humans are fucking bald apes

contribute to the question or shut your useless edgespitting shitmouth
>>
>>1205719
that is just silly wordplay

just because you can ascribe one adjective to humans you cant call anything they create so
>>
>>1204831
Religion does give the believer a set of rules to live by that does help the believer be a better person and help to keep civilised order.

But there are a few problems with Religion. First is that when the a large chunk of tenants were made, they made scenes at the time they were made but don't stand very well today. Also the religious institution in question can be abused by one or more dipshits for their own personal gain.
>>
>>1204831
Depends on the religion and what you consider an apish desire since religion is just as capable of enabling as it is capable of preventing and shaming any particular desire.

Having answered my question with the previous statement though I'd have to say that it's not necessary.
>>
>>1205748
>This projection
Its okay anon, plenty more fish in the sea

And what does the fact we're both hominids have to do with anything.
Of coarse cheating is an inherent part of the human mating strategy. So why would you want to 'prevent people from cheating'... oh, wait you didn't even imply that did you, never-mind writing it in plain view.

Get over your obvious insecurities.

Cuck
>>
File: anton lavey.jpg (18 KB, 287x374) Image search: [Google]
anton lavey.jpg
18 KB, 287x374
>>1204831
But the "apish desires of mankind" are good
>>
>>1206331
Objective good and evil do not exist, Emperor Ming. They too are just apish desires.
>>
>>1204831
It helps a great deal with our anxiety over death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_anxiety_(psychology)

and helps teach people to not act like violent barbarians, it's not wonderful, but some good comes out of it.
>>
At first it seems a great deterrent for evil. "Thou shall not kill" well awesome, no murder on the face of the earth ever again.
Except mankind found the loophole in killing "in the name of god".
>>
>>1206389
Has it actually accomplished those things though? It seems to have made them worse

>Fear of hell
>Religious warfare
>>
>>1206444
It isn't exactly a loop hole.
>>
>>1206322
of course we have to regulate behaviour even if its an evolutionary adaptation

you yourself said that we have to prevent ourselves from cheating

you proposed sticking to loyality to do it

and my only question was whether thats enough and you stil didnt contribute anything of worth to the topic

you just want to score silly debate points on the internet by attacking your oppenent personally
>>
>>1204831
First you'll have to establish that "religion prevents people from cheating on their partners", and you're not actually specifically referring to "what one interprets as the establishment and the consequences thereof".
>>
>>1208571
Yes that is enough.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.