[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead civilizations general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: khazar03_03.jpg (224 KB, 934x821) Image search: [Google]
khazar03_03.jpg
224 KB, 934x821
Dead civilizations general.
>>
>>1204438
oy vey

god'z chosen empiya isn't ded
>>
>>1204438
Khazaria is probably one of the most bizarre states to ever exist

How did a bunch of steppe niggers suddenly decide to adopt Judaism out of nowhere?
>>
>>1204466
it's a good political move. a lot of Jews had trade connections throughout the muslim world
>>
>>1204438
greece
>>
>>1204438
i wish i knew more aboit khazaria
>>
File: 1464116532352.png (626 KB, 800x1571) Image search: [Google]
1464116532352.png
626 KB, 800x1571
Minoans are the best dead civilization, those who disagree are clearly homosexual.

> Peaceful to the point of not needing an army
>An unfathomable amount of wealth
>Most developed civilization of their timeframe
>breathtaking art and reliefs
>right in the middle of the azure waters of the aegean (if you've never been to Crete or Santorini, i'll tell you that it looks comfy AS FUCK.)

And last but not least....

>Tiddies.
>>
File: images.png (28 KB, 334x440) Image search: [Google]
images.png
28 KB, 334x440
>>1204438
Indus Valley Civilization. Apparently a highly egalitarian and advanced civilization with a complex settent layout and sewage facilities and water storage dams that collected water from the flooding rivers. There is no recorded evidence of arms or soldiers and were known to be consimmate traders and navigators as their tablets and seals were found in Iraq and yemen.
>>
>>1204466
Jews were essentially neutral, with connections with Islam and Christianity.
>>
>>1206523
not so comfy when the volcanoes go off, though
>>
>>1206523
>Peaceful to the point of not needing an army

False, they adopted the boar turk helmet before the Mycenean did, they did use weapons and armies
>An unfathomable amount of wealth
Not really
>Most developed civilization of their tiemframe
What? their biggest city (Knossos) had like 10k inhabitants
>>
>>1204466
Most of them were Caucasians like modern day Chechens or Georgians, not steppe niggers.
>>
>>1206809
Developed doesn't mean populous, it just means technologically ahead of its contemporaries, which the minoans were, they had advanced architecture, baths, sewers and a lot of things that wouldn't appear for atleast another thousand of years after their downfall.

And yes, considering the huge quantities of gold that were restored at Knossos, they were very rich indeed.

Also, i heard there wasn't any evidence of warfare in minoan crete? With most weapons and "army" paintings serving a symbolic purpose.
>>
>>1206815
As a Chechen I hear this often. Chechens never adapted Judaism, all of this seems weird.
Some people also think that Khazaria was a Chechen state, because Khazaria means "pretty land" (Khaz ara) in Chechen.
>>
>>1207081

The chechen population didn't, but the Turkic rulling class did, what anon ment is that the majority of the citizens of the Khazar empire were chechen ethnics, not that they necessarily followed judaism.
>>
>>1207088
I understand your point, but the Khazar state still seems weird to me.
>>
>>1206592
I am usually highly suspicious of assertions of a civilization whose written language we do not understand being peaceful and egalitarian. While the technological level of the Indus Valley Civ and its trade routes is obvious, due to empirical evidence, people saying that they are egalitarian and peaceful reminds me of how many scholars studying the Maya believed that they were pacifistic astronomers... Then they learned what these "peaceful astronomers" wrote about.
>>
>>1206809
>population in greek cities

cmon man the meme aint even funny
>>
>>1207351
People love to project their political ideals onto history. I mean, what's better validation of your views than a past society having become successful by following those views?
>>
File: VolgaBulgaria1200.png (38 KB, 1264x788) Image search: [Google]
VolgaBulgaria1200.png
38 KB, 1264x788
Volga Bulgaria
>>
>>1207679
Not really dead, modern Bashkirs are direct descendants of them.
>>
File: you will always be a yuropoor.gif (142 KB, 1000x811) Image search: [Google]
you will always be a yuropoor.gif
142 KB, 1000x811
>>
>>1204438
I'll take sumer
>>
File: stormfag.jpg (5 KB, 325x183) Image search: [Google]
stormfag.jpg
5 KB, 325x183
>>1204438
But israel still exists
>>
>>1204466
they were merchants, duh
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.