[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is postmodernism an accurate worldview?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1417851378302.png (175 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
1417851378302.png
175 KB, 540x404
Is postmodernism an accurate worldview?
>>
what a meaningless question
>>
>>1204060
are you afraid of words you don't understand kid
>>
>>1204059
Read Hume on whether empirical knowledge can be accurate.
>>
>>1204063
i understand the words just the way they are used makes no sense in accordance with their meaning
>>
There is no accurate world view.
>>
>>1204069
i disagree
>>
>>1204070
but that's exactly what postmodernism implies
>>
>>1204071
that's because you don't understand the meanings of the words

post-modernism isn't a worldview
>>
>>1204079
that's objectively untrue
>>
>>1204082
you're not demonstrating post-modernism, you're just being intellectually lazy
>>
>>1204094
postmodernism is a cultural worldview
>>
>>1204097
that doesn't make any sense because it's not a single view
>>
postmodernism is a pseudointellectual cancer that somehow managed to worm its way into academia
>>
Ceci n'est pas une vision du monde.
>>
>>1204123
It isn't, you just need to be smart enough to understand it and most memers here aren't qualified academics for such task.
>>
>>1204123
>>1204134
It might meet the minimal standards for academic work, but it is poor academic work, a bad research programme, and grossly deficient to make the claims it makes.
>>
What the fuck is postmodernism?
>>
>>1204140
You might start by reading Derrida.
>>
>>1204141
He was a post structuralist, wasn't he? They came after that didn't they?
>>
>>1204143
Not really. The split inside the structuralist movement was the chief indicator of the breaking down of the grand narrative project amongst French modernist liberal academics.

The fact that this is a null debate for anti-structuralists, such as the humanists, whigs, tories, communists etc., is pretty indicative of the vacuousness of this marginal research project.
>>
>>1204139
all conclusions and no argument
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair

What is a worldview? What is accurate? What is postmodernism? What is anything?
>>
>>1204164
>Implying they didn't know it was a rubbish
>Implying they printed it unironically
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.