[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would Italy's role in the world have been if the Axis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-Impero_italiano.svg.png (454 KB, 2000x2004) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Impero_italiano.svg.png
454 KB, 2000x2004
What would Italy's role in the world have been if the Axis won WW2? Would Germany have invaded them?
>>
That depends radically on the circumstances of the victory.
>>
>>1305664
Germany would at most demand Slovenia and South Tyrol, and the Germanic-speaking Cimbrian, Mocheno and a few High Alemannic speaking groups (south of Switzerland) to be repatriated to the German Reich. But I think ultimately they would allow them their Mediterranean Empire, which they would probably be dependent on German support to maintain
>>
File: 300px-Italian_Fascist_Empire.png (31 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
300px-Italian_Fascist_Empire.png
31 KB, 300x210
>>1305664
Hitler had no ambitions for the Mediterranean if Mein Kampf and German documents are used as a determiner.

it does map out that he believed Southern Europeans to be intrinsically inferior to the Aryans but still had enough appreciation for Italian culture and Rome's legacy to consider them worthy to exist.

as for Mussolini's ambitions, his aim was to create a new Roman Empire which entailed the policy of Mare Nostrum, which was to gain dominance of the Mediterranean by conquering the Suez Canal and ejecting Britain from the region, as well as conquest of the Nile river region to secure more African resources.

if Italy had its way, it'd look more or less like pic related.
>>
>>1305711
Bretty accurate borders.
I always thought it laughable that fascist Italy would claim the inheritance of Rome's glory but not even believer themselves capable of conquest to the scale of the Byzantines.
>but tther's just as much land there but further into Africa
C'mon bro it's the horn of Africa, srsly? He should've just pushed into Turkey as well.
>>
>>1305673
Germany wins the battle of Britain, Britain surrenders and Edward VIII is restored to the throne; Japan wins the Battle of Midway and invades Hawaii then starts launching raids on the west coast / Panama canal and mines the Straits of Magellan; The US invades Canada because of the pro-nazi regime in Britain; Germany manages to win in the east because America can't provide as much assistance to the Soviets and with them being tied down in Canada and the Pacific, and with no launching point in the UK there isn't an imminent threat of an American invasion.
>>
File: 14234610629.jpg (85 KB, 315x641) Image search: [Google]
14234610629.jpg
85 KB, 315x641
>>1305763
>japan wins the Battle of Midway
Even in fiction I just don't see this as happening.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.