[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am reading a book named The Early Germans right now and am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1435773408267.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1435773408267.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
I am reading a book named The Early Germans right now and am fascinated by how tribal these people were until what seems to be a fairly late time.

By what process were the Germans able to overcome their tribalistic nature and unify into more centralized kingdoms? Or am I overrating the centralization of Charlemagne and other Frankish groups?

Sorry if my English is bad, I am from Centrafrique.
>>
>By what process were the Germans able to overcome their tribalistic nature and unify into more centralized kingdoms?

IIRC, the ideological shift went something like

>I hate Krauts who disagree with me, but I hate other countries even more
>>
>>1301259
>By what process were the Germans able to overcome their tribalistic nature and unify into more centralized kingdoms?

Good question. I assume like a lot of civilizations. Tribal societies become more efficient, with the development of more efficient infrastructure with a more concentrated societal hierarchy, and develop an army. Pretty much the same process that a lot of ancient societies had to undertake.

Also, if you're really from Central African Republic, I'm surprised your English is at that standard.
>>
>>1301294
He probably speaks French, and English is just a peasant dialect of French.
>>
Catholic Church played a big part too in ending tribalism
>>
>>1301259
>until what seems to be a fairly late time.
Irish Studies major here.

I am in pain, and also laughing.
>>
>>1301259
Germans didn't give up tribalism until 1871. Before that they just grouped themselves into bigger tribes i.e. Austria & Prussia, Catholics & Protestants etc.
>>
>>1301259
The Germans centralized by turning their kings into priests, while the Arabs centralized by turning their priests into kings.

Read War peace and war and it'll help you understand.
>>
>>1301259
Yes, they were all primitive forest niggers up until the medieval period.

Heh.

Makes me wonder why boards like /pol/ often admire the Germanics when they weren't even that much of a major player in the course of human history.
>>
>>1301259
Prussian shenanigans.
>>
>>1301473
What's do funny about that
>>
>>1301259
They're still tribal barbarians. Never trust the eternal kraut.
>>
>>1301305
u wot m8?
>>
>>1301259
Jesus
Feudalism
Money
>>
>>1301494
Muh aryan woman
Muh blonde hair blue eyes
>>
File: edgememer.gif (408 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
edgememer.gif
408 KB, 500x373
>>1301494
>germanics were just primitive tree nigs

>heh

Maybe it has to do with the Prussian, Frankish, and Anglo-Saxon course that the history of the west, and the world has taken in modernity.
>>
>I am from Centrafrique

No, you are not.
>>
>>1302394
I was born there but now live in France
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.