[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pretty much every war in history has been fought over religious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>pretty much every war in history has been fought over religious morals... It's all religious extremism
- some dude in a pub

Do people seriously think this? Or is this just a meme response to get into girls pants?
>>
>>1203491
>Do people seriously think this?
If you want to talk about the ideological content of contemporary working class thought, FUCK OFF TO >>>/pol/
>>
>>1203491
does saying you that get you into a girl's pants? if so, i have tons of pseudo intellectual shit to say about civilization or humanity
>>
File: 1333976668044.jpg (250 KB, 896x943) Image search: [Google]
1333976668044.jpg
250 KB, 896x943
>>1203491
>Do people seriously think this

Yes, they also believe that we would be colonizing Andromeda right now if religion didn't exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ulkFhAmE6M
>>
Clearly a meme. Some wars can be blamed on a religion, other was purely for other reasons.
>>
>>1203787
Why there a literal no-names with a peoples who killed millions?
>>
>>1203491

It's just one of those beliefs some people have without actually having to think about it. I might have said something equally stupid when I was in college.
>>
>>1203491
Are perchance to be in Bongistan?
>>
>>1203834
not to mention MK Ultra.
>>
>>1203491
Before the modern era religion was your politics, it was your whole community. Wars are usually fought over land, or basically power and wealth. Religion is a convenient way of uniting people under a common banner to accomplish shared goals. I doubt war wouldn't exist without religion. Organized religion may not exist without war.
>>
>>1203851
I did not know that, thanks anon
>>
They raised her up, they bore the trembling girl
On to the altar--hither led not now
With solemn rites and hymeneal choir,
But sinless woman, sinfully foredone,
A parent felled her on her bridal day,
Making his child a sacrificial beast
To give the ships auspicious winds for Troy:
Such are the crimes to which Religion leads.

-Titus Lucretius Carus, On the Nature of Things, 50 BC
>>
>>1203859
neither could civilisation, or any concept of international co-operation
>>
>>1203903
Civilization probably would exist without war if only because of need for agriculture cooperation.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.