[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could anyone direct me to some good articles or snippets from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6
Could anyone direct me to some good articles or snippets from books detailing the origins of the Wahabi and Salafi movements and American relations with Saudi Arabia before the 70s?

Also, because I'm an idiot, I wouldn't mind a greentext version too.
>>
File: the terror.jpg (240 KB, 960x711) Image search: [Google]
the terror.jpg
240 KB, 960x711
bump plz
>>
>>1198160
>Could anyone direct me to some good articles or snippets from books detailing the origins of the Wahabi and Salafi movements and American relations with Saudi Arabia before the 70s?
no, we can't
>>
Post some more of your dankest memes and I will consider sharing with you information I happen to possess on this subject.
>>
>>1198532
i got u
>>
>>1198539
>>
>>1198532
>>1198539
>>1198541
i have been bamoboozled
>>
File: 1418815344386.jpg (90 KB, 500x709) Image search: [Google]
1418815344386.jpg
90 KB, 500x709
>>1198539
>>1198541
>>1198746
>>
>>1198160
>American relations with Saudi Arabia before the 70s

This part is pretty easy. After WW1, according to the Sykes/Picot line, the crumbling Ottoman Empire was divided as a sort of spoils of war, the British retaining the "southern half", and the Arabian peninsula was rewarded to the Saud dynasty for their complicit efforts in helping the British "win". Therefore, it became ratified and recognized by the rest of the world as that independent sovereignty.
>>
>>1199626
Didnt the british support the wahhabi movement even earlier? Like late 18th century?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.