[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me on this subject. Does human life have value?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 5578865467.png (138 KB, 566x528) Image search: [Google]
5578865467.png
138 KB, 566x528
Please help me on this subject.
Does human life have value?

I want to read opinions
>>
>>1197599
No,
>>
Yes, human life is intrinsically valuable.
>>
>>1197599
Not intrinsically. It's just atoms, like everything else in the universe. But you can give it value if you want anon.
>>
What is value
>>
Human life in itself does not have value. We base a humans value on his or her merits. If a person who never achieved anythign or amounted to anything dies, no one in the world cares.
>>
>>1197622
Hence the term "VIP" , very important person. He has bodyguards because we care about his life, it has high value.
>>
It can have value to certain humans, but value is meaningless outside of a human (or perhaps sentient) context.
>>
>>1197620
This
I have a hard time defining it
>>
>>1197620
What is?
>>
>>1197620
the value of a thing corresponds to its demand, basic economics.
>>
If someone's willing to pay for it, or is sad to lose it, it has value. It needs to be assigned value by somebody or something though.

Our life certainly has value to us. Most people do not want to die, they enjoy living. It usually has value to friends who enjoy your company and employers who enjoy your services as well. Your pets probably value you you because you look after them. Your doctor values you, because you're better off alive than dead for their profession. If slavery were legal and someone had the chance, they would probably rather sell you than kill you.
>>
>>1197599
The only way to exist is through others. The value lies within you anon. And that is why you ask this question on 4chan.

But there is no inherent value, no. It is purely selfish.
>>
Depends, to whom ?
>>
>>1197599
Yes, value is something humans assign to things
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.