[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the monarchies of this three countries had remained in place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 3.jpg (12 KB, 371x153) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
12 KB, 371x153
If the monarchies of this three countries had remained in place throughout the 20th Century, would things have been better, or worse?
>>
>>1194992

More Chinese and Russians would've died, so it's subjective desu senpai :^)
>>
>>1194996
More?
>>
I'm not too knowledgeable about Nazi Germany but China and Russia both basically owe their current power to the rapid modernizations put in place by their communist regimes. Maybe less people would have died and they would have had more personal liberties but they would probably be living in poorer conditions.
>>
>>1195092
Why do you think the same modernizations couldn't have happened as they did in the West?
>>
>>1195099
Because the Chinese and Russian empires were notoriously backwards and were falling further and further behind the western european states.
>>
>>1195102
I know they were "backward" but I still don't see why they wouldn't have eventually developed more industry, certainly factories existed in Russia by the time of the revolution, and Russia went gaga over the West before with Peter the Great, and I don't see why China wouldn't industrialize any less than they did under Mao, who was all about the peasants, not the proletariat.
>>
>>1194992
Don't worry. Both China and Russia were reactionary even during communism.
>>
>>1195072
The Russians would have stayed in the war. China would still be dirt poor, no great leap forward.
>>
>>1194992
Left to right:
Better
Same
Worse
>>
Also, no communism in Russia likely means no Nazism in Germany and almost certainly no Maoism in China. We cannot imagine Hitler and Mao without Lenin and Stalin.
>>
>>1195297
More like the great leap backwards m8
>>
>>1195092
>>1195102
Russia was already modernizing rapidly by the time WWI broke out. In fact, much of the industrialization before WWII was getting Russia back to their pre-civil war levels. China was also industrializing quite rapidly under the Nationalists and ended up losing quite a bit during the civil war.
>>
>>1195388
>Hitler
>Better than Mao.
Mao died in his old age and was the victor.
Hitler shot himself and his country was ultracucked.
>>
>>1194992
Not too sure about China, but definitely yes for Germany & Russia. No Holocaust or Great Purge, and most likely, no World War 2 which was incredibly devastating for both nations.
>>
>>1194992
Same for Germany. Worse for Russia and China.
Without the dictators the old empires would just stagnate, fragment, and unable to pull itself out of the cycles of civil war and conflicts. Stalin and Mao were brutal, but after their death a united country can pull itself together.
>>
>>1195974
You got it the wrong way round, friendo.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>1195974
>implying hitler didn't escape in a Uboat to Argentina and live out a comfortable life pulling strings from the Andes
>>
>>1198248
How are your reading skills so poor? Are you American?
>>
>>1195940
This.
>>1194992
I'm not a monarchist, i don't want my country to restore the monarchy, but had Germany, Russia and China continued without their respective regimes we would be living in a much better world.
Tho Germany would have been very good had the Weimar republic continued to exist. It had a top tier constitution.
>>
>>1195974
So Enver Hoxha was more successful than Julius Ceaser?
>>
>>1194992
Russia would certainly have been better off.
>>
>>1195102
Damnable lies and propaganda, at least as far as Russia is concerned. They'd been modernizing at more-or-less exponential rates since the 1880s and if anything the Bolsheviks shit that particular bed by massively prolonging the speed bump of WWI with their civil war and social engineering.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.