[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who actually were the Chichimecs? What kind of social structure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: aus_64_01_2.jpg (131 KB, 750x491) Image search: [Google]
aus_64_01_2.jpg
131 KB, 750x491
Who actually were the Chichimecs? What kind of social structure did they have?

Were they similar to the Navajo and Comanche? Was their culture all about war?
>>
File: chichimec fashion.jpg (367 KB, 1280x1231) Image search: [Google]
chichimec fashion.jpg
367 KB, 1280x1231
>>1194165
A desert and jungle-border dwelling people. What little I read on them is from Aztec research so I get the impression they are very behind in technology and civilization compared to the almighty Nahua.

If I were to be skeptical of the Aztec description, it would lead me to believe they were developed enough to have standing villages and bureaucracy. They would also be behind enough to retain many customs seen in the Navajo and other North American tribes.

They hat qt3.14 waifus too, senpai
>>
>>1194423
Funny enough they gave the Spaniards a harder time than the Aztecs did. One chronicler said that Chichimecs considered it a bad shot if they aimed the arrows at ones eye and it went in between the eyes instead. Another which said a mere four chichimecs forced 50 spanish allied natives to retreat. And they refused to confront them again.
>>
>>1194454
I could believe it. A less settled people would be a bitch to fight for the Spaniards and their allies - all of which are used to Aztecs and their "allies" throwing bodies at them like madmen
>>
>>1194423
Medieval 2: Total War's depection must be really ahistorical. Not implying Total War is in any way historical but wouldn't have guessed it was this bad.
>>
>>1194423
>3 through 6

Good to know black metal has been around longer than I thought.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.