[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about Saddam Hussein (pre-1991 of course). What did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1448236531065.jpg (437 KB, 780x1098) Image search: [Google]
1448236531065.jpg
437 KB, 780x1098
Tell me about Saddam Hussein (pre-1991 of course). What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
>>
a source on Saddam, with an out of the orthodox perspective, is As'ad Abukhalil a Lebanese sociologist in California. search his blog(using the search bar) for references to Saddam. Apparently Saddam was into secularism(gave hints of atheism) and for a time was warming up to Israel.

Also search his blog for atheism, Arab atheism and the history of it rarely gets mentioned in the west.
>>
>>1191970
Right?

Spread the oil money just right.
Fought the Iranians.
Played the superpowers like a fiddle.
Put the Kurds in their place (literally).
Puts the Shi'i in their place.
Killed radical Sunni clerics.

Wrong?
Trust Bush Sr.
Invaded Kuwait
Stopped killing radical Sunni and Shia clerics.
Didn't just comply with UN and American demands.
>>
I miss him so much.
>>
>>1193663
Iraqis do as well
>>
>>1193644
I always wonder why the Kurds are hated so much, of course they have a reason to be hated but why?
>>
>>1195528
Kurds historically did not have a state. They just followed whoever was their liege lord, usually a Turkic cunt.

But like all ethnicities, they drank the nationalism pill and now demand a country.
>>
>>1193644
>Didn't just comply with UN and American demands.

I was with you until this one. In 1991 he signed a conditional surrender so he could remain in power. Regardless of how one might like to categorize this as "demands", he signed it so they wouldn't nail his ass to a wall. It was a legally, binding agreement in international court and he intentionally broke several provisions of that agreement. This is why "but muh WMDs didn't exist" does not matter. He was an international criminal, to operate outside of that surrender agreement.
>>
>>1191970
Somehow managed to keep Christians living in decent conditions, 85% of Assyrians have left since 2003.
>>
>>1191970
He din du nuffin
>>
>>1195528
tribalism
>>
>>1195677
good riddance, all religions should go extinct.
>but muh dying language/culture/beliefs

who gives a shit, the sooner we reach an atheistic monolingual world the better.
>>
>>1193677
No I don't
>>
>>1191970
He killed a lot of his own people.

>>1195930
>Atheistic
>Monolingual
Ebin shitpost
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.